• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Incredible - Getting FROYO 2.2 NOW?!?!

To all those people that quoted me and decided to be smart a**es...

Geez... enough already. By legally, I was meaning a legitimate copy of it.

and BTW

Should I be waiting for Barney Fife to come knock on my door because I have installed a 2.2 that moto or google probably leaked on purpose?

Really? leaked on purpose? then why would they be issuing C&D orders to the sites that are hosting it?

You do realize for the original droid, they actually place the 2.2 on their website for people who are unable to get the OTA to install manually right?

With your imaginary theory in mind, it would be on their website as a beta release..

Reactions: urdaddi
Upvote 0
Yeah, but the 2.2 you are running is not the official OTA, that you had to void your warranty for it.

Sorry, but some users are patient enough to wait for the official 2.2 to be legally pushed onto their phones.

warranty schmarranty.

and i'm glad that the Dinc got it first. i want to see if rooted, 2.2 flashers get the OTA.

Upvote 0
To all those people that quoted me and decided to be smart a**es...

Geez... enough already. By legally, I was meaning a legitimate copy of it.

you were right though. alldroid did technically bring us that 2.2 illegally. otherwise, they wouldnt be able to enforce the C&D.

warez forever! :p

Reactions: deadinside
Upvote 0
Yeah, but the 2.2 you are running is not the official OTA, that you had to void your warranty for it.

Sorry, but some users are patient enough to wait for the official 2.2 to be legally pushed onto their phones.

oooh aren't you special.:rolleyes:

BTW has this been confirmed and what does HTC have to do with Motorola? Who does the code updates Verizon or he the phone maker? And as far as I can tell we are still on the same schedule VZW has always said we're be on. They never said 2.2 release would be based on some other phone makers release date.

Upvote 0
oooh aren't you special.:rolleyes:

BTW has this been confirmed and what does HTC have to do with Motorola? Who does the code updates Verizon or he the phone maker? And as far as I can tell we are still on the same schedule VZW has always said we're be on. They never said 2.2 release would be based on some other phone makers release date.

Confirmed that the inc is getting froyo? My buddy just got it this morning

Upvote 0
It was not a matter of legality. It was more on property rights...which has nothing to do with legal or illegal. C&D is a CIVIL matter.

I already upgraded my wife's incredible to the leaked 2.2 and rooted it. Next is overclocking. It works awesome, and it seeing much higher quadrant and linpak scores than my 2.2leak X. I cant wait to see what the INC does overclocked.

Upvote 0
You know...................my experience only....................i bought the EVO 4G from Sprint. I had the phone for awhile and then updated it to the OTA 2.2.

The only "real day to day" benefit that i could see was the Flash when using the internet. I got rid of the EVO because Sprint was terrible in my area. The phone was absolutely awesome though. I am a big fan of HTC sense UI. I had the Incredible and the EVO 4G and IMO the Sense UI was way better than the Moto Blur is.

I know, thanks to the Android Market, you can make the Droid X as good as the HTC. That's what i have been working on since i got my X last Wednesday. Could care less (IMO) about 2.2................all i want is Flash...............lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones