• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Incredible issues, Please help

bigb3456

Yesterday I didn't have access to a charger so I didn't charge my phone overnight. When I woke up my phone was off so I turned it on it booted up fine but I noticed my live wallpaper wasnt the same color as I had set it,and one of my apps I had on my SD card wasn't loading up so I waited a few minutes and here about 5 hours later it still won't load up,so I thought I'd download it from the market I searched it and the market force closed and now I can't download market applications my apps on my SD card won't load pto my hone I tried to use advanced task manager to load th SD apps onto the phone but it force closed.

I'm running stock android 2.2

Here's what you should do.

1. Do a standard reboot. Do this by power down, then turning the phone back on. See if your apps are working. If not...

2. Remove the battery, count to 10, then put it back in and turn the phone back on. If this fails...

3. From the home screen, hit menu --> settings --> applications --> manage applications. You should be at the downloaded tab (if not, click it, it's the one on the far left). Look for the app(s) causing you problems. Click that app, and then click all of these buttons that are available; Force Stop, Clear Data, Clear Cache.

4. When done with step 3, do another reboot (step 1). If this doesn't work, go back to step 2. If everything done to this point has not worked...

5. Time for a factory reset. Back up all of your important data.

I'd also try taking out your sd card and try using your phone and see if that helps. A major cause of phone issues can be a corrupt sd card..

Will I be able to download my paid apps again if I do a hard reset

Yes. If you do a factory reset, just open Android Marketplace, hit menu, then "My Apps." This will load up all of your purchased apps, and you can re-download them. Purchased apps from the Android Market are tied to your Google account, so you can move them to other Android phones in the future. This is another reason why I avoid the Verizon market. I won't be able to transfer those paid apps if I were to move to an AT&T phone in the future.

I had the exact same problem, and it started right after the OTA update. Most of my 3rd party apps don't work, and some of the installed apps (the Market app) don't work either. I've tried several reboots, removing battery, removing the sd card, all to no avail. It must be the OTA update. Following the update, my android version was still at 2.2. So, what exactly was that OTA update for?

The OTA was to add the stupid V-Cast apps if I remember, I might call Verizon or HTC to see if they have seen this

Back
Top Bottom