• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Inspire Battery

I posted a snapshot of my battery life. It seems to drop sharply. I always disable my data, (except right now, I'm posting from my phone). Can I improve my phone's battery life with an app that's free? Something that trickle charges my battery?

Thank you.

Scotty. c:

Attachments

• 2013-02-02_19-40-15.jpg
    2013-02-02_19-40-15.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 113
ok i moved you to the inspire troubleshooting forum where folks with your devoce can help you out.

now what were you doing durin the three hours it was off charge? that is a crazy dip? your phone was awake during that time? were you playing a game?

I usually notice this when I am in school. Yeah my phone is awake during these times. However, I do have my brightness to its dimmest setting. I don't know of anything that consumes energy. And this phone is a year old. I got a new HTC battery for it though.

I usually notice this when I am in school. Yeah my phone is awake during these times. However, I do have my brightness to its dimmest setting. I don't know of anything that consumes energy. And this phone is a year old. I got a new HTC battery for it though.

so during this time is the screen off? if so, then it seems that you have something not letting your phone sleep properly. if not, then you might want to change when your screen times out.

how is your 3g signal? what about cell signal as well? you might want to try and update your prl and profile. those are for your radios. it might help you get better signal.

Well, I turn my screen off, but not the phone itself. When I move from class to class, (guilty of texting in class) my signal strength varies based where I am. In English, I have one bar, because it's in the basement. I always keep my memory cleared.

How do I update my PRL? And what do I have to put into that area?

not sure where it is exactly on your inspire but prl and profile should be under phone settings>software>update prl & update profile should be the options.

now seems to be terribly wrong then. you screen according to the screen shot has been on for a very long time. and also your phone has been awake for more then it should.

i would get this app:GSam Battery Monitor Pro. it can break down what app is running and what is eating up your battery.

now it seems like you have 4g(HSPA+) turned on can't you turn that off? it is a battery hog. also i would turn 3g off as well. there should be toggles switches that you can put on your hoimescreen to easily trun them on and off as you need them....3g is also a battery hog as well, especially with a weak signal.

The new android version that was released no longer allows to change my radio type to 3g. So, in other words, it is stuck on H+. I was texting the whole time. thats the reason my phone screen stayed on. I wished they kept the radio type option open, I wouldn't mind using EDGE for my radio.

here is my snapshot of GSam. Here is what he has to say....

Attachments

• 2013-02-02_20-51-18.jpg
    2013-02-02_20-51-18.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 71
I hear that the inspire has the crappiest battery. Before I even rooted mine, the battery never did last long. I've noticed that battery saving apps don't really do much good

Back
Top Bottom