• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC M8 accessories (discussion, reviews) -Read first post for review links!

Excuse me, I do not chew on phones or other toys.

I chew on cheeseburgers and the occasional human I don't like.

Thanks,
DoglyMon
images

Same case I have. All I can say is Plastidip and x-acto knife are your friend. no cutting of plastic needed. I will upload pics later of the project, as I am experiencing around 25% packet loss on my connection :mad:

If you don't know what Plastidip is..

Dip your car
Dip forums...interesting to see what people dip

You can dip anything....It's scary and cool.... I love the stuff and it's completely durable and removable later.

Same case I have. All I can say is Plastidip and x-acto knife are your friend. no cutting of plastic needed. I will upload pics later of the project, as I am experiencing around 25% packet loss on my connection :mad:

If you don't know what Plastidip is..

Dip your car
Dip forums...interesting to see what people dip

You can dip anything....It's scary and cool.... I love the stuff and it's completely durable and removable later.

Love plastidip.... great stuff:thumb: I did my roof racks to make them look better with my color scheme. It's help up great the last two winters.

I got this case, and to tell you the truth, I actually like it:
SUPCASE All New HTC One M8 Case - Unicorn Beetle Premium Hybrid Protective Case for HTC One 2014 (Frost Clear/Black):Amazon:Cell Phones & Accessories

The edges are raised so the screen never touches, and the black TPU is gritty. Only downside is the plastic back is too close to the flash. When the flash goes off it leaves a halo in the shot. I've been thinking of modifying it to solve the issue, can't find the time. :(

This should do the trick & still have a nice looking case:

Reamer - Save on this T-Handle Hole Reamer

Anyone have one of these /opinions?...Looking to add to my case collection

Verizon TPU case

Yeah, I got it.
Branded as SUPCASE, but, it's the exact same case.

It's a good combination of looks/functionality.

Feels nice in-hand, but, don't expect it to look brand new for long, as the smallest of scratches are evident, especially in well-lit conditions.

It's a tough case, don't get me wrong,as the scratches are minimal,not to the point of being hazy.

Darker/non-transparent cases get the same scratching, but, is less evident.

It's a relatively inexpensive case, I'd get it.
I actually believe I commented on this case way back when, it's been a while...............

I just got the Spigen Slim Armor case and absolutely love it. Best case I've owned and I've owned Otterboxes, Specks, etc.

It's thin, perfect fit, and the case matches the M8's color scheme 100% (I got the silver version). The phone still feels thin, so the case doesn't add too much bulk like the Otterbox. I highly recommend it.

new_htc_one_case_sa_silver_1_1.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGkpeKQFjsY

Has anyone found a solid 6 foot micro usb cable that isn't wobbly and disconnects when you move the cord? I tried the amazon basics and even after the second cord it has a hard time staying connected. A 2 amp cord and prime if possible would be ideal.

Has anyone found a solid 6 foot micro usb cable that isn't wobbly and disconnects when you move the cord? I tried the amazon basics and even after the second cord it has a hard time staying connected. A 2 amp cord and prime if possible would be ideal.

Check out monoprice.com I'm really happy with my cables from them.

Radio Shack. $19.99 for a 6ft extension. Plugs right into the 3 footer that came with the m8. Works out great. Not at the end of my leash anymore.

Just lost the earbuds that came with the phone, which are better than the ones I am using now (from the Galaxy S4). Decided to order the Xiaomi Piston 2, anyone has them also?

Just lost the earbuds that came with the phone, which are better than the ones I am using now (from the Galaxy S4). Decided to order the Xiaomi Piston 2, anyone has them also?

If you liked the standard HTC headphones alot, you can pick them up around the net for very cheap. I have an extra set of these hanging around from the One M7 still, many others probably do too.
Here is one of many examples: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/151248421186?lpid=82
Be careful on ebay for bad sellers, fakes, counterfeits, importers from China, etc.
http://www.htc.com/us/accessories/htc-stereo-headphones/
(official HTC link, basically same headset differently colored. (Temporarily unavailable))

To be honest, I hate the basically solo hostile take over of the accessories forum here by one user, the shameless self promotion, and practically posting in every topic there,
However in this case you may find the post particularly helpful. :D I remembered accidentally reading the 'Xiaomi Piston 2' name there a few months back on a topic name and recalled it when you mentioned it.

AndroidForums.com | Android Accessories - Xiaomi Piston 2 Review

If you liked the standard HTC headphones alot, you can pick them up around the net for very cheap. I have an extra set of these hanging around from the One M7 still, many others probably do too.
Here is one of many examples: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/151248421186?lpid=82
Be careful on ebay for bad sellers, fakes, counterfeits, importers from China, etc.
http://www.htc.com/us/accessories/htc-stereo-headphones/
(official HTC link, basically same headset differently colored. (Temporarily unavailable))

To be honest, I hate the basically solo hostile take over of the accessories forum here by one user, the shameless self promotion, and practically posting in every topic there,
However in this case you may find the post particularly helpful. :D I remembered accidentally reading the 'Xiaomi Piston 2' name there a few months back on a topic name and recalled it when you mentioned it.

AndroidForums.com | Android Accessories - Xiaomi Piston 2 Review
Thanks. :) I just didn't understand what you meant regarding the "shameless self promotion" etc. Were you referring to me?

Just got my replacement M8 (first phone I didn't get a case for) back from HTC Advantage, so yeah, I am not going to take the chance of it breaking again. My go-to for cases used to be Otterbox, especially since the defender series has a belt clip. Problem is, I saw nothing but complaints about the defender model for the M8 on Amazon's reviews. Even the guy at the Sprint store told me the defender model wasn't very good and that I should get the commuter. (Not a fan of the built-in screen protector of the defender anyway, I would have probably taken it off, I hated it even on my old EVO 3D, much less a phone that has a 1080p screen).

So now I am at an impasse, due to the fact that I have not really used any other cases, and especially not knowing which ones are good. Add to that fact that I want to be able to carry it on my belt and I am very low on options. Most of the top case recommendations for the M8 had no options that came with a belt clip, and I didn't trust most of them as they recommended the Otterbox Defender.

Browsing retail stores so I could get a good idea was also fruitless, RadioShack, Best Buy, etc carry very little in terms of the M8, even the Sprint Store I mentioned only had Otterbox and a few Speck cases (which didn't seem that protective)

I care very little about looks, I want to get a case primary for protection (reasonably.... not going to get a $100-300 waterproof, bulletproof, etc case that is 5 inches thick). Currently, the UAV Navigator looks interesting, though I couldn't find a store that had it so I could tell how thick it actually is, plus, no belt clip option.

I suppose my best bet is getting a case and a seeprate belt holster that is big enough to hold the phone with the case on it.... but pretty much all belt holsters just simply tell you which phone they fit, none would take the millions of options of cases into consideration, so I am not sure where I would even find a holster that fits whatever case I get.

Any ideas?

That case looks perfect, although to be honest I am a bit skeptical over how cheap it is. Oh, I am well aware a lot of the price of the more expensive cases is just brand name, but $15-20 seems surprisingly cheap.... actually, it's even $10 on Amazon! I am worried it might break easy if it's that cheap, since the main reason I want a case is for protection as I had just broken my previous phone.

That case looks perfect, although to be honest I am a bit skeptical over how cheap it is. Oh, I am well aware a lot of the price of the more expensive cases is just brand name, but $15-20 seems surprisingly cheap.... actually, it's even $10 on Amazon! I am worried it might break easy if it's that cheap, since the main reason I want a case is for protection as I had just broken my previous phone.

I'm using one, and I use the holster, nothing cheap about it except the price. :)

Btw - I've been using the Defender on my LTEvo for the last two years.

I just got my HTC One (M8) Dot View case this Friday and so far so good. I choose the Navy Blue color option and unfortunately it's a bit lighter blue than wht you see on the various webpages to me. I'd just call it Blue. The case fits well and all the buttons and ports are accessible with the exception of the SIM slot which is covered by the back hinge. I think that's a good thing because I would very seldom have a need to switch out SIM cards. My favorite feature with this case is that the device turns on when you open the cover and off when you close it so there's really no need to use the power button unless you want to check the time and temperature with Dot View. I picked it up when it was on sale from ShopAndroid for 29.99 and consider that a fair price for the protection offered.

Speaking of protection... This is not a rugged case. I can see this case protecting your screen and rear panel from scratches you may cause if you drop it but there is way to much exposure of the chrome on the volume control side, the plastic around the infrared transmitter on top, and the bottom USB and headphone ports for my full peace of mind. So this is a great case to use when wearing a suit or going to dinner but if your into outdoor activities this will not be the case for you. I like it!

No no, not you. Sorry if my wording was not clear or it was misread/misconstrued. I was NOT referring to you in any way.
Ok, my mistake then.
Anyone ever tried the Xiaomi Piston and can compared them to the stock RC E295 HTC one m8 stock earbuds that came with the phone with those Xiaomi Piston 2? I really liked the sound of the stock ones (much better than the ones that came with my Samsung Galaxy S3 and S4) but haven't tried many other so I don't really know.
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom