• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC One S and Mini Cooper bluetooth--incompatible??

mrburke

Lurker
hi there. I am a recent convert to Android from iPhone! I drive a 2009 Mini Cooper Clubman and its bluetooth had no problems with my iPhone. When i tried pairing my new HTC One S with my Mini, the phone repeatedly fails to "communicate" with my Mini (although it recognizes the car). I saw another forum here where the Mini Cooper owner says he can pair his HTC Evo 4G with his Mini. Any suggestions? I love the phone and it is important that it works with my car since i paid extra for that bluetooth package with Mini. Thanks a lot.

(and yes, the HTC One S rocks way better than the iPhone!!!! so glad i switched). Thanks in advance for your thoughts/suggestions.
 
I had the same problem. It is compatible, just confusing to set up. Its really simple one you know what to do.
1. Set the bluetooth on your phone to be discovered by other devices (go to settings, bluetooth, then tap your phone name. It should then be recognizable for two minutes.
2. go to the phone setup on your mini. hit the "pair" button.
3. the mini should say enter code and your phone should be attempting to communicate with the car.
4. Enter the code 0000 (four zeros) into the mini. You will then be prompted by the phone to enter a code. Enter 0000 (four zeros).
5. Congrats! your done!
 
Isn't that the standard BT pairing procedure? That sounds like what I've done when pairing all my BT devices.
 
Back
Top Bottom