• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Sync 3.0 - Media Sync

serpentine009

Android Enthusiast
According to HTC's site, they will be releasing their Sync software for their full lineup in the near future.

Looking forward to the Media Sync for the Incredible.

from the site...
"Currently HTC Sync has only been released for HTC Wildfire, however HTC Sync will be updated to fully support other HTC phones very soon. Note: This version of HTC Sync is only compatible with Android 2.1 and later."

Application - HTC Sync?for HTC Wildfire

Has anyone else tried this?

It syncs a ton of stuff, including video and audio.

Setup_3.0.5387.exe

capturexnz.png

I've used it a little.

Slick interface, easy to use, not very configurable. Tends to be a bit buggy, in which case you need to end task on the htc uploader app. I'm still syncing my music. I can verify it works though.

On Froyo anyway.

I've been using rsync, so this would be nice when it comes out. I still need to find a way to get cover art.

You can choose by directory or by playlist for wmp or iTunes.

Myself, I didn't have a lot of luck with wmp playlists. That could have been user error though.

Does it sync the actual playlist or just the contents of the playlist. I want something that syncs my playlists also. Any ideas? (I use iTunes)

Look into a free program called Double Twist. It not only syncs the iTunes songs, but the playlists as well. It won't sync old iTunes store music unless you upgrade them to the iTunes plus (non DRM) format.

I tried doubletwist. checkout songbird, it takes my music for itunes and my playlist, photos. Puts it on my sd card

Will the HTC Sync allow to get my music from iTunes and grab the album art?
For now I am using Media Monkey and play my music with Mixzing.

I tried it, but it wouldn't recognize that I had an SD card installed. Maybe it will work correctly when the proper version comes out for the Incredible. I am excited about the impending release.

1. I think it requires Froyo.
2. Until a Dinc specific version is released, it won't see internal storage.
3. If it doesn't see your sd card, look under task manager and see if htc uploader is running and kill it off. It hangs sometimes.
4. Doubletwist has just as many bugs, and they affect my PC so....
5. YMMV :D

1. I think it requires Froyo.
2. Until a Dinc specific version is released, it won't see internal storage.
3. If it doesn't see your sd card, look under task manager and see if htc uploader is running and kill it off. It hangs sometimes.
4. Doubletwist has just as many bugs, and they affect my PC so....
5. YMMV :D

For me it seemed to only recognize the internal storage.

Edit: I just checked my phone...and although the software was telling me that I had no SD card mounted....the available space reported was actually my SD card. Weird. Can't wait to see the Inc's final version....willing to bet it comes out when Froyo is released.

I finally bit the bullet and imported all my album art with mp3tag. So now I can use rsync to slowly sync music and still get album art.

For me it seemed to only recognize the internal storage.

Edit: I just checked my phone...and although the software was telling me that I had no SD card mounted....the available space reported was actually my SD card. Weird. Can't wait to see the Inc's final version....willing to bet it comes out when Froyo is released.

Yeah I think you are right :)

At least they are on the right track to awesomeness.

I finally bit the bullet and imported all my album art with mp3tag. So now I can use rsync to slowly sync music and still get album art.

Call me a noob, but are you using a program called rsync, or the Linux utility rsync?

Has anyone else tried this?

It syncs a ton of stuff, including video and audio.

Setup_3.0.5387.exe

capturexnz.png

So how did you get your incredible to Sync up. I used the link you provided and I kept getting an error that stated, "HTC Sync port of ADR6300 is not responding." I even updated to the most current Sync 3.0.5481.

I'm using win xpsp3 and i have froyo 2.2 and just performed the new "Incredible" update last week.

Any ideas?

From my understanding....the OP said this DOES NOT work yet for the Dinc? Is a new version that DOES work for the Dinc out?

Back
Top Bottom