• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC sync on PC not working, saying there is no SD Card

doostar

Jan 15, 2011
UP till yesterday my HTC sync was working fine. I have had the phone for the past 9 months. I could sync all the files and folders I wanted from my PC into my HTC Desire. I upgraded to the newest version of Android(2.3.3) one month ago, it was pushed by Bell in Canada, Toronto. Since then I have had some problems, my phone is slower, etc. etc. But sync was working fine.

Since this morning, whenever I connect my phone with USB to the computer to sync, SD card contenets disappear from the phone, HTC Sync app on my PC comes up and then says my phone does not have SD card. When I check my phone, indeed the SD card has disappeared from the folders and when I press Settings/SD and phone Storage, Total Space at top is "unavailable" meaning there is no SD card. I know my SD card is fine and working, I tried it with my PC. I also know when I disconnect the USB cable from the phone , it says: Preparing SD card and then the SD card contents become available. Also when I choose the USB connection type in HTC sync on my phone to DISK DRIVE, the SD card comes back, it is only when it is in HTC SYNC Mode that it disappears.

I tried this also: I go to settings/sd and phone storage/unmount storage card. Then I connect USB cable, start sync, and then mount the SD card back, and then I get this message from HTC syn: Fail to mount/unmount device storage card.

I have also reinstalled HTC sync on my computer.

1. Is it a bug with the new upgrade? My new Android is 2.3.3. and my HTC sense version is 2.1

2. Could it be happening with a new app I installed on my phone? The only ones I installed before this thing happened were DOUBLE TWISt, GOOGLE READER, and BEYOND POD and Google Listen. all for podcasts and all working fine. Only in Google listen I had the problem that it said there is no SD card but I have uninstalled that one.

How can I fix this problem? Please help.

I reinstalled the HTC Sync. I repeatedly clicked on sync now button at top right, instead of once. I also did unmount/mount SD card more than once, a few times, and then everything was back to normal. In case others need to do the same. It still sometimes can't read and find the card and I notice it by looking at top of the sync window, where it must show how much space is in SD card and it is empty, meaning it has not found it. Then I do the above(minus reinstal HTC sync) again a few times and voila, back to normal:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones