• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Sync works with Outlook!

asaflier

Lurker
Apr 22, 2010
First my disclaimer: I offer my apologies if this has already been posted but in my searching I did not see it.

Now the good news for those of us needing Outlook,

Simply download HTC Sync for Eris (I am using the Incredible) found here HTC Mobile Phone Support - DROID ERIS by HTC (Verizon) - Downloads

Install on your computer (also download the manual from the same page).

Restart your computer.

Attach your powered off phone to the computer via the USB cable, power it on and when prompted select "HTC Sync" (in order to see the selections your screen cannot be in locked mode)

Follow the setup instructions.

On the computer and in HTC Sync: Go into settings and choose Outlook, follow the steps.

Hope this is complete, I believe it is. For more info (although some of it was more complex but still provides some ideas) go to:
Downloading HTC Sync - DROID INCREDIBLE by HTC (Verizon) - Android Forums - HTC Community

Good luck!

First my disclaimer: I offer my apologies if this has already been posted but in my searching I did not see it.

Now the good news for those of us needing Outlook,

Simply download HTC Sync for Eris (I am using the Incredible) found here HTC Mobile Phone Support - DROID ERIS by HTC (Verizon) - Downloads

Install on your computer (also download the manual from the same page).

Restart your computer.

Attach your powered off phone to the computer via the USB cable, power it on and when prompted select "HTC Sync" (in order to see the selections your screen cannot be in locked mode)

Follow the setup instructions.

On the computer and in HTC Sync: Go into settings and choose Outlook, follow the steps.

Hope this is complete, I believe it is. For more info (although some of it was more complex but still provides some ideas) go to:
Downloading HTC Sync - DROID INCREDIBLE by HTC (Verizon) - Android Forums - HTC Community

Good luck!
Does the HTC Sync also sync outlook tasks with notes? I am holding off on getting an Android phone until this is solved!!

Upvote 0
Does the HTC Sync also sync outlook tasks with notes?
It does not sync tasks at all, only contacts and calendar. It does a pretty good job too I must say.

I would recommend setting the duplicate handling setting to "computer is always right". I had a few minor issues that have gone away since I did this.
I am holding off on getting an Android phone until this is solved!!
I wouldn't be terribly concerned with this. If you really want to do that, there are many task apps that sync with online services, and you can probably find outlook plugins to sync with those same services. I have no doubt that I could do it with a little elbow grease.

Upvote 0
I would have liked this a couple of months ago. Moving to linux solved this as the prepackaged mail client (very outlook-esque) syncs everything directly to google, so that is super easy. For all those who use linux, hope this helps you..it was a big sore spot for me with the INC and Eris before that.

-Nkk

Upvote 0
Does the HTC Sync also sync outlook tasks with notes? I am holding off on getting an Android phone until this is solved!!

No, HTC Sync only syncs contacts and calendar. I used to use it but it's kind of primitive (but free). I am trialing CompanionLink w/ DejaOffice which syncs Outlook tasks, notes, contacts and calendar. It's the best solution I have found. But it costs $40 for CompanionLink after 2 week trial (DejaOffice is free), and there are sometimes integration glitches which need to be worked out before everything works smoothly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones