• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HTC Thunderbolt MIUI

Thats

That guy is This
So, does anyone think they will be jumping to the MIUI train shortly? Vicious and friends finally have RIL talking, and he says they are hopefully going to have a release very soon. I'm on the fence right now about flashing it, but MIUI looks very nice.

Any thoughts?
Any Questions?

Seriously? I hadn't heard. They are going to be collecting a HUGE bounty. SO many people claimed the world if a working MIUI for the TB happened.

Considering how much I'm into theming I will definitely be trying MIUI

I put MIUI on my old Incredible (replaced a family member's ailing Blackberry). I switched to the TB because the Incredible was running like crap and lasted 3-4 hours between charges.

After putting MIUI on it, I let it run to test stability, battery, etc, and it went 10 days and 4 hours before being at 3% battery left. Granted, it pushed almost no data and the screen wasn't on for more than a minute or two each day, but it was INSANE

It's intriguing. I would consider running a final Beta/RC version when that comes to pass. The only thing I DON"T LIKE, is the iPhone-esque icons, though it seems like you can change it, which is a good thing.

It's intriguing. I would consider running a final Beta/RC version when that comes to pass. The only thing I DON"T LIKE, is the iPhone-esque icons, though it seems like you can change it, which is a good thing.

There are so many custom themes for MIUI, you don't have to be stuck with the iPhoneish icons. I would say there's at least 3 to 1 more themes for MIUI than CM7.

There are so many custom themes for MIUI, you don't have to be stuck with the iPhoneish icons. I would say there's at least 3 to 1 more themes for MIUI than CM7.

That seems very appetizing. Though I actually LOVE stock GB/CM7 for minimal it is. I'll have to keep an eye out for MIUI in the future.

Ill flash it... run it for a bit. But I wont keep it for any length of time. While I would like to see it succeeded,miui is prolly the only ui I dislike more than sense,lol.

I am glad to see the progress being made on this. I will likely flash it but IIRC I really don't like MIUI, given the last time I ran it was a long time ago on my OG droid shortly after it was released but I don't think it was something I liked as I quickly went back to the AOSP roms I like better.

I've been keeping an eye on this rom's progress, so glad to hear its finally becoming a reality. I will definitely flash this rom :)

if youve got wifi at home,flash it and play with it a couple hours. i ran it a long time ago before any of the ril progress had been made,and found it to be remarkably smooth way back then. definately DD material if you can stay in wifi all day and dont need to make any phone calls :eek:

if you make a backup you can pick up right where you left off with your current setup.

I will try it. My brother runs MIUI on his Inspire 4g, or whatever att calls the bolt. He seems to like it, and i never tried it on the incredible.

Check out the rootz thread. They have the phone placing and receiving calls, just no sound (lol). Going to get testers now.

Hells to the YES! So stoked about this!!

Too bad I'll probably be going Nexus Prime, soon.

Getting MIUI working on LTE was the biggest hurdle. Now that it appears it will be working for good all future LTE devices will certainly port this build.

I haven't been around much lately, nor have I checked the MIUI thread. How is the progress coming? Is it almost ready for a stable release?

Last I saw as long as sound on calls wasn't a need for you it is good

I haven't read all the thread at rootz or xda so three could be other issues

from what i got from the videos he posted was still issues with sms and mms and few other bug but i bet it will need test very very soon as much progress has been made in the last week!!!

I am pretty sure the progress is just now showing but it has been made over the course of the project. They were doing the code line by line, there was a post on XDA responding to people complaining of the lack of progress a few weeks ago that explained how extensive the process actually is.

These guys have worked their asses off. I tossed them $10 each, I think we all could do the same!

Back
Top Bottom