• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Huawei u8800 pro ics upgrade help

vivekreddyp

Jan 1, 2013
Hi
i want to install the ics upgrade for huawei
as you can see the earlier thread started by me. I already attempted the upgrade and has been succesful to some extent, but i ant to know
the files i have downloaded are from huawei web site

do we require rrot for it

if no then can you provide me any link for adb drivers for u8800 pro
does adb driver plany any role for this software upgrading process or it doesnot play any role

will i place any problem after updating because last time i couldn't make a call after update process(that to after some hours)

i really need upgradation because i am bored with the 2.3.5

yeah i looked at the link you have given... but last time i have done i got a glitch first time... the problem was contacts didnt worked i couldnt make a call (it says contacts closed suddenly) last time i didnt had huawei suite and i didnt download the adb drivers... do you think theycould cause problems....
AND THE ACTIVE SYNC GIVEN WITHIN THE PHONE(I HAVE SEEN IT WHEN I CONNECTED MY DEVICE TO THE SYSTEM) SITHAT THE REQUIRED ADB DRIVER
i have installed it this time

now i think there would be no problem!!!!!
shoukd i install cwm for safety

Upvote 0
Hi vivekreddyp, I'll try and answer your questions:

no it says b926,,, but i have b928... are they both same or do they differ... thanks for your valuable help

Answer: B928 will be the latest.

yeah i looked at the link you have given... but last time i have done i got a glitch first time... the problem was contacts didnt worked i couldnt make a call (it says contacts closed suddenly) last time i didnt had huawei suite and i didnt download the adb drivers... do you think theycould cause problems....
AND THE ACTIVE SYNC GIVEN WITHIN THE PHONE(I HAVE SEEN IT WHEN I CONNECTED MY DEVICE TO THE SYSTEM) SITHAT THE REQUIRED ADB DRIVER
i have installed it this time

now i think there would be no problem!!!!!
shoukd i install cwm for safety

Answer: I didn't use HiSuite when I Upgraded U8800. ADB should load when using Windows Vista/W7/8.
I use a Micro SD card USB holder which I plug into the computer USB. It shows when you Right click My Computer > Open > Removable Disc then you can Drag & Drop into the Micro SD card direct.

One more question... I know this would be silly but
What exactly is root directory of sd card
Is this the place where we open the sd card folder after we connect it to pc
I think you got the picture of what I am asking

Answer: When the SD card is shown (as above) Right click in blank area and make new folder. This is what is referred to as Root Directory of card. You can now Drag & drop into this Folder (which you named from the instructions in PDF printout from Software Download).

Do Huawei suite and adb drivers play any important role in this upgrading process

Answer: As I said, I don't use HiSuite but the ADB drivers allow syncing to occur.

This link opens Huawei Device Co. Ltd.
Software - Huawei Device Co., Ltd..

Under opening page Huawei, greyed panel > hover mouse over > Support > click on Software > Find by Product > Smartphone > expand Select Product > scroll down to U8800Pro > click shows Software Versions available > 2nd one down is what you need (unofficial release version). This is 355.41mb > click on Red square inner white arrow and this will start your Download.
Depending on your Internet connection speed, this may take some time to download.

Just noticed you question about CWM - would be a good idea or possibly Ultrajack. Neil.

Upvote 0
please help me urgently .... itried updating the mobile the first two steps of dload file updatted sucess fully .... but after i installed third dload file and upgraded
it showed 3d android figure and says formatting cahce formatting data formatting datamformatting hwu user data and said OK
after that it got stucked up it is not moving any where the screen stays there
should i remove the battery and reinstall it
or did i encountered a problem

Upvote 0
Hi v, sorry I've been out all day and just returned to see your message about being stuck. I see your 2 posts since indicate it's OK?
How many parts did you have in the Upgrade?
It sounds as though there are 3 dload files. Gingerbread 2.3.5 just has the one dload file and Pdf file with instructions.

Hope you're all sorted out and happy with your effort. Cheers Neil.

Upvote 0
Here's a link which might help you to Root your phone:
Huawei U8800 Pro: Root 4.0.3 & ClockworkMod Recovery Complete Guide

I think these are known bugs which you describe after an upgrade.
In hindsight, when using your comp for this job, it pays to disconnect from your internet connection and disable your Anti-virus program in case these interfere with the upgrade process.
You may have to Google for answers on how to correct them. XDA Developers Forum seems to be a good place to start. Neil.

Reactions: vivekreddyp
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones