• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Huawei Vitria stuck at factory screen

Yodel215

Lurker
Feb 15, 2012
ok so I bricked my phone when I unlocked it using unlock app. I managed to get it flashed using Huawei upgrade tool but it boots into the dead android screen and all it says is factory. that's it no recovery screen no metropcs logo, just "factory". Anybody know what's going on?

Upvote 0
the deodexed stock rom cannot be flashed in fastboot, you need cwm to install it

what you can do is try to install this one since I'm guessing you never installed cwm using the force method(using stock recovery to flash it)
http://androidforums.com/vitria-all-things-root/838279-rom-official-b132-stock.html

or you can install cwm in fastboot then install the deodexed zip(recovery.img must be flashed in fastboot)
Dev-Host - recovery.img - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

ok I got it up and running again. The advanced copy of cwm for vitria seemed to do the trick. then, I flashed a copy of the deodexed version of vitria rom. just wish there was a better cyanogenmod available for this phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones