• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hybrid case WITHOUT KICKSTAND for LG Motion 4g?

TRS-80

Android Enthusiast
I have been searching high and low (eBay, Amazon, and Google) for a hybrid case (hard plastic inner, silicone outer) WITHOUT a kickstand, but no such animal seems to exist.

What I am trying to do is perform a case mod to accommodate an extended battery (cut the factory back cover and the hard plastic back cover of case, put the silicone over all to hold the battery in), something like shown here (this is a different phone, but you can get the idea):

http://androidforums.com/lg-esteem/512212-diy-extended-battery-case.html

The problem is, I can't do that with any kind of silicone that has a hole in the back for the kickstand, nor with any of the perforated hybrid cases that seem to be prevalent.

Has anyone come across what I am looking for in their travels? Just to be clear, something like this with hard plastic inner and silicone outer (except made for our phone):

EMAX LG MS840 Connect 4G Dual Layer Armor Hybrid Hard Soft Gel Cover Case White | eBay

I have been searching high and low (eBay, Amazon, and Google) for a hybrid case (hard plastic inner, silicone outer) WITHOUT a kickstand, but no such animal seems to exist.

What I am trying to do is perform a case mod to accommodate an extended battery (cut the factory back cover and the hard plastic back cover of case, put the silicone over all to hold the battery in), something like shown here (this is a different phone, but you can get the idea):

http://androidforums.com/lg-esteem/512212-diy-extended-battery-case.html

The problem is, I can't do that with any kind of silicone that has a hole in the back for the kickstand, nor with any of the perforated hybrid cases that seem to be prevalent.

Has anyone come across what I am looking for in their travels? Just to be clear, something like this with hard plastic inner and silicone outer (except made for our phone):

EMAX LG MS840 Connect 4G Dual Layer Armor Hybrid Hard Soft Gel Cover Case White | eBay

Yeah, no cases with the soft outside, hard inside for the Motion that I've seen. Seems like their all going the route of the soft inside/hard outside type to protect the phone more. I had the hybrid case for my Esteem, but I had the one with the kickstand, and I returned it for that reason . It left scratches all over from the hard plastic being on the inside. To me I didn't even need an extended battery after that last update LG gave to the Esteem. The battery life was great. The motion has even better battery life. I get about 17-25 hours out of a charge. I have seen people get 48 hours out of the Motion. If I were you, I'd save the cash you are going to spend on the battery, and buy this, Amazon.com: LG Motion 4G [MetroPCS] Hybrid Double Layer Skin + Rhino Armor Case w/ Holster & Swivel Belt Clip Combination (Black / Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

and one of these, Amazon.com: Anker

No luck yet. I keep asking my suppliers, nothing. But here is what I personally have.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364174857864.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364174857864.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 75
Back
Top Bottom