• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

i bought an elliptical

I've pushed and pulled and slid lots of projects into my home. If the box will fit though the door, I can do. :) I hate to ask for help and I'm always anxious to attack the project. I don't envy you but I sure understand the excitement. If you can get it loaded into your home and unboxed, you have had a good day. Digging out the instructions as you relax is all good too. I find reading them and then following them during assembly is always good. If you decide to start putting it together.. good luck and take your time.
I'm excited for you!

When I bought my large screen TV they offered free deliver into the home. It was a no brainer for I had no means to haul it without laying it flat in the bed of my truck.... not good. I'm surprised there wasn't some delivery option for the elliptical. I would expect to pay for assembly but delivery should be cheap if not free for such a large item.

When I bought my gun safe I had the option to have it delivered. I have a trailer so I decided not to pay for the service. They took a forklift and put it on my trailer but refused to help me lay it flat. I couldn't do it by myself so I hauled it home standing up biting my nails the entire trip. I saved the expense of delivery but questioned my decision until I had it safely home. I called on my friends and family to help me get it into the house. I'm no forklift. :)

ok i'm the same way @olbriar . i hate asking for help. the box was way to heavy for one person......so i was able to off load the box from my van. there was no way i could drag that box inside the house. so what i did was open the box up in my drive way and brought it in piece by piece. the hardest part was the fly wheel. it was big and super heavy. thankfully it has some small wheels to help move it. i part dragged it and part use the wheels and i was able to roll it in.

so now everything is inside.....i am pooped!!!!! i will try and assemble it after breakfast tomorrow.

and Dick's do offer assembly, but not in the state of California, according to their support person i called. they do not even offer free delivery.......weird.

i briefly read the instructions. everything is labeled and it looks doable for me.......i guess we shall see tomorrow.

Last edited:
Putting stuff together is fun. Take your time and enjoy. Most things nowadays take a minimum number of tools and are often supplied with the project. It's not like you are in a hurry so don't stress.
Have fun and good luck. Share a pic of the beauty when you are done.

Side note.... try putting together a bunch of special delivery Santa stuff for little ones in the middle of the night after drinking all day sometime. Now that's stress. :)

Putting stuff together is fun. Take your time and enjoy. Most things nowadays take a minimum number of tools and are often supplied with the project. It's not like you are in a hurry so don't stress.
Have fun and good luck. Share a pic of the beauty when you are done.

Side note.... try putting together a bunch of special delivery Santa stuff for little ones in the middle of the night after drinking all day sometime. Now that's stress. :)
lol before i hauled everything in, i had to relaxed and unwind. i had a big glass of bourbon and a cigar before attempting to the move.....so yeah i had a good buzz which was another reason i decided to assemble it tomorrow.

Last edited:
ok ITS DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so it took me 2 hours to screw in all of the main components and about 1 hour to screw all of the plastic covers as well as the tablet holder and cup holder. the diagrams were terrible in that they only used half the page to illustrate all of the parts and screws and where they go. i mean the diagram was just littered with lines and numbers and was hard to tell what goes where.

i was able to do my first exercise of about 20 min.

overall i am happy with the results. now i need remove some furniture and move somethings around to get the elliptical in its final resting spot......that will have to wait next weekend.

Gotta pic?
sorry i forgot that i took some pics:
big_box.jpg

sole_e95_part_2.jpg

sole_e95.jpg

this thing is really cool. it has a very nice touch screen. it also can stream from youtube, netflix, disney+, amazon prime, and hulu. it has a wireless charging pad for your devices and also a holder for your tablet or for my z fold 4 specifically. it does have speakers which are just ok. my samsung buds are better. i am just currently using Sole's free service, but there are better classes and workouts if you have their subscription.

That's fantastic ocn! I'm actually going to check out my gym options this afternoon. I lack room for any equipment and I'm not doing another long cold winter without riding or at least walking. I'm super happy that you enjoy your workouts. If it all seems work without any enjoyment then you have the wrong tool. It's a lot easier to be disciplined at any regiment if it's somewhat enjoyable. Sounds like you made a great choice.

Inquiring minds want to know, how are you liking the elliptical by now? Are you maintaining a set regiment at given intervals or is it more of a random approach? Are you adding time or resistance as time passes? Is it still new and exciting to use or is it becoming more of a chore?

I hope that I'm not coming off as nosey. :) I'm only guessing that it would be more fun to use such a tool and talk about the journey than to be in the closet with the activities. We all want you to improve your health and anything I can do to help you, count me in!

Inquiring minds want to know, how are you liking the elliptical by now? Are you maintaining a set regiment at given intervals or is it more of a random approach? Are you adding time or resistance as time passes? Is it still new and exciting to use or is it becoming more of a chore?

I hope that I'm not coming off as nosey. :) I'm only guessing that it would be more fun to use such a tool and talk about the journey than to be in the closet with the activities. We all want you to improve your health and anything I can do to help you, count me in!
no not a chore. its great to use. i have been using the fatburn setting. which is a progressive incline to a set point and you stay there for an extended period of time. i started doing 20min intervals, but now i just recently increased it to 30 minutes. i have been going straight 7 days a week with no days off, until yesterday. i did a 13 hour work day and was pretty beat when i came home.

my feet are still screaming at me for yesterday so we shall see how i feel later on today.

edit:i still need to move that old treadmill out and clear out space for the elliptical's final resting place.

no not a chore. its great to use. i have been using the fatburn setting. which is a progressive incline to a set point and you stay there for an extended period of time. i started doing 20min intervals, but now i just recently increased it to 30 minutes. i have been going straight 7 days a week with no days off, until yesterday. i did a 13 hour work day and was pretty beat when i came home.

my feet are still screaming at me for yesterday so we shall see how i feel later on today.

edit:i still need to move that old treadmill out and clear out space for the elliptical's final resting place.
That sounds fantastic my friend. I would think the secret to any workout is enjoyment and subsequent repeatability without suffering burnout. I only assume your machine has a number of different routines you can switch between to change things up a bit to add to the enjoyment. Happy for ya!

That sounds fantastic my friend. I would think the secret to any workout is enjoyment and subsequent repeatability without suffering burnout. I only assume your machine has a number of different routines you can switch between to change things up a bit to add to the enjoyment. Happy for ya!
just the runner's high you get afterwards is a pretty good incentive to keep going.

i have not tried their workout videos that it has.

The time to try the different bells and whistles is when you need a bit of incentive to workout. :) Sounds like you are nowhere near that point. :)

I never was a runner but I have a couple of good friends that were runners earlier in life. Both made comments on the high to be had. I guess I cheated myself out of that.

A month has passed. How are you liking your elliptical by now? I hope it remains important in your life.
some days are harder than others to get on the elliptical. but i have been pretty consistent on using it. i have been using it 5 days a week.....so monday thru friday. i need the weekend to rest my knees. even though it is a low impact machine, i do feel it my knees the next day. i have found that if i rest over the weekend my knees are not so stiff and sore.

when i really go at it on the machine, it is starting to squeak. not sure if i need to grease up some joints or need to tighten something. if it gets worse, i'll look into it.

overall though, the Sole e95 is a solid machine. i dig the wireless charging pad it has and the tablet mount fits perfectly with my z fold 4 phone. i found it much easier to watch a movie or show than listening to music......for some reason i stay more engaged in the work out when i watch something.

i am currently engrossed in Disney+'s Daredevil. a really good show to workout to....LOL

Back
Top Bottom