• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I had a scare this evening

zoxxo

Android Enthusiast
Jul 25, 2010
Issaquah, WA
I came home this evening, and I thought I had my N7 zipped into it's case. My tablet slipped out of the case and dropped about 3 feet to the floor and landed face down. I have seen enough internet drop tests to have my heart stop on the spot, but I got lucky, and the tablet was undamaged.

I've been unlucky lately, but somehow luck was with me this time ...

For anyone waiting for a specific case to come out or undecided on what they want, in the mean time it is definitely worth it to snag a TPU case off of eBay or Amazon for under ten bucks. I got one recently and I'm so pleased with it that it's just going to be my permanent case anyway, but even if it's only temporary for you, at least you know you have something on it. It comes up and over the edge of the screen, so a face down drop would be absorbed by the case and not the screen, protects the back, sides, etc. I'm not saying you still couldn't shatter the screen with one of these installed but the TPU should absorb much of the shock and at least give your N7 a fighting chance.

Upvote 0
I had mine drop the first week I had it. I was very worried about it. I had handed it to someone for them to play with for a few mins and when they handed it back they let go before I had a good grasp on it. Fell about the same distance onto a tile floot. Luckily no damage to mine either.

Oh man a friend of mine pulled that off back in the day on my week-old nexus one. I let him have a look at it for the first time. Still think he did it out of spite over his iP3G. I could've smacked him where he stood! Such a dick move.

Upvote 0
I had mine drop the first week I had it. I was very worried about it. I had handed it to someone for them to play with for a few mins and when they handed it back they let go before I had a good grasp on it. Fell about the same distance onto a tile floot. Luckily no damage to mine either.

Nobody puts their dirty mitts on my N7! :D

Upvote 0
For anyone waiting for a specific case to come out or undecided on what they want, in the mean time it is definitely worth it to snag a TPU case off of eBay or Amazon for under ten bucks. I got one recently and I'm so pleased with it that it's just going to be my permanent case anyway, but even if it's only temporary for you, at least you know you have something on it. It comes up and over the edge of the screen, so a face down drop would be absorbed by the case and not the screen, protects the back, sides, etc. I'm not saying you still couldn't shatter the screen with one of these installed but the TPU should absorb much of the shock and at least give your N7 a fighting chance.

Just got mine delivered today and I must say the build quality is WAY better then expected, very clean finish. That and the magnetic lock and magnetic wake and the way it stands up, nobody will ever guess this was a mere $8 case (delivery included).
It's just great. Most of all it feels really sturdy and holds the n7 snugly, I feel safe carrying it around now.

Upvote 0
Just got mine delivered today and I must say the build quality is WAY better then expected, very clean finish. That and the magnetic lock and magnetic wake and the way it stands up, nobody will ever guess this was a mere $8 case (delivery included).
It's just great. Most of all it feels really sturdy and holds the n7 snugly, I feel safe carrying it around now.

Do you have a link to the case you bought?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones