• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I have recieved 2.2 FROYO

Have you received the OTA!?

• I have received the OTA!!11!!11!1one

Votes: 416 30.9%
  • Nope.

Votes: 929 69.1%

• Total voters
Not sure if you pulled this from another thread or figured that out yourself but it was the first time I saw it mentioned this morning and I'm now downloading froyo... thank you.

FIIIIIIIIIIIIIINALLY!!!!! . . . forcing/tricking the phone/towers worked for me.

I must have tried the date trick over 100 times yesterday with no luck whatsoever.
I even got creative & forced my phone to stick with dates beyond Sept 9th, by setting it to 11:58pm on the 9th & it rolled over to the 10th. Then the 11th, 12th, 13th, etc. all stuck . . . Nothing helped get an update though . . . However, I think the right sequence of things finally worked for me this time around. Here's what I did:

1. Open Dialer and enter *#*#CHECKIN#*#* & let it do its thing. Once complete, you should get a notification reading "Checkin success" and nothing else.
2. Open the Market & download a couple of updates.
3. Open Settings, Uncheck Automatic, Chang the date to 10/3/2010 & it will instantly changed back
4. Immediately press back then select About Phone & checked for updates
Mine finally indicated that I had a 2.2 update ready!
(I got concerned when I saw the DROID eye for a solid 15 minutes, but eventually if finished up & I got a "Congradulations..." message)

Upvote 0
I bought this phone from Verizon's website on Tuesday, fully expecting Android 2.2. When I saw that it was not on the phone, I called their customer support and was told that it would probably be pushed to me at the end of the month. I powered the phone up about an hour ago and there it was. Installation took about 30 minutes. So far so good. I will play with the phone throughout the day and see what improvements or changes come with this update.

Upvote 0
To those who have been having issues trying to force the update with the date trick. When I did it, I went in and unchecked the auto update feature in the date and time, set it to 10/2/2010 and backed out. I was on 3G only. After a few seconds the date switched back. I got a notification that my swiftkey beta had expired (no loss, hardly used it) and I had 2 updates from the market. I downloaded those, then went to check in the setting for software updates. It was already downloading. There was nothing in the notification bar, no tone or vibrate, I didn't power off the phone after I changed the date, nor did I turn off background data. Even though the date only changed for a few seconds it must have been enough to start the update.

A million thanks for this! Woke up this morning, no update, so I thought I'd check in here. I'd been trying the date thing all day yesterday (and this morning, actually) to no avail. Followed these instructions, and BAM! OTA downloaded. :D

Upvote 0
I tried the date trick several times yesterday with no success.

I got up this morning and still no update and was beginning to have my doubts. On my 1-1/1/2 hour commute to work I decided to check my phone and there it was. I did the update and it took around 10 minutes and now I will be checking out all the new things it can do.

FROYO IN LOS ANGELES!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
Hey gang...

Just want to say a quick thanks to the two HTC techs who originally suggested to me that setting the date ahead might fake the system into forcing the update. When I posted this over the weekend, it hadn't worked for me, nor any others who tried according to the posts. What this suggests is that we didn't quite have the magic sequence refined yet until further experimenting...or Verizon didn't really have a complete roll-out going until Tuesday when the floodgates opened with people saying they "got it" and others reporting that the date trick was actually starting to trigger their updates. In any case, my experiences with HTC support have certainly seemed to be credible and consistent - which is as refreshing as the update!

So, credit where credit is due. Happy holiday weekend all and have fun with your froyo!! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones