• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I just want to say THANKS

Shawnsac2000

Android Enthusiast
I just bought a blue Samsung Galaxy S3 (Cricket). I like my EVO V, but I feel in love with the Galaxy S3. I want to say thanks to everybody who helped me root/s-off my phone. And thanks to the DEVs, and to my favorite dev Mobstergunz. And most importantly I will miss HD AUDIO.

I'm curious to hear about your upcoming experience with Cricket. I used to have them years ago, and it was the worst experience. I remember receiving texts many hours after they were sent. But they are getting the S4. Hmmm. Care to update about their services and data speed?

I'm curious to hear about your upcoming experience with Cricket. I used to have them years ago, and it was the worst experience. I remember receiving texts many hours after they were sent. But they are getting the S4. Hmmm. Care to update about their services and data speed?

I will post back, my phone should be waiting for me when I get off work.

Welcome to the world of easy rooting :rofl: :p

Your emoticon implies there will be some difficulty...is that the case? Are phones getting harder and harder to root these days?

EDIT: I figure someday, phones will not be rootable...and I'll be selling my OG EVO and EVO V for $2500 each :p

actually the S3 is 1000 times easier to root than the EVO. I make extra cash on the side rooting phones. And I have to say that the S3 is the easiest I ve done since the intercept. It rooted with script kinda like control bear. I just plugged in to a compter enabled usb debugging and hit enter . The script did the rest. And recovery was easy as well. There is a app for recovery install on the market. Piece of cake

cricket won't let me access the pricing on the SGS3 no matter what zip I put in

Use my zipcode if you want: 29707 and when asked, select Indian Land instead of Fort Mill.

Here's the price breakdown from their website:

Retail Price
$549.99
sales_tag.png
Instant Discount
-$50.00

sales_tag.png
Web Discount
-$20.00

icon_pdf.gif
Mail-In Offer
-$100.00

Final Price
$379.99

This won't help you get the phone, as when you do order, you'll have to give them your real zipcode. But it will let you see the price.

Back
Top Bottom