• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I 'm so torn , Help me decide !

Joewoowoo

Android Enthusiast
I Have the Original Droid 1 but want a new phone, what should I get the now available Htc Thunderbolt or wait for the Moto Bionic. Help me decide pleaseeeeeeeeee

Thanks in advance , Joe
 
If you're unsure, then wait. There is always the chance you will end up wishing you had waited for the Droid. But if you wait for the Droid to hit the streets, you can make an informedchoice after reading some reviews and trying it yourself in the stores.
 
I'd go with the Thunderbolt. Even though the droid has dual processors. no games even take advantage of that. And if you look at videos it looks slower than the Thunderbolt. I have it and its rooted and I'm currently downloading the first Rom. It has been great so far, even that battery life.
 
I concur, but it's a personal choice. After having moto products and now a second htc product, it seems moto makes better quality products, but htc products are not laggy while moto products are...from personal experience.

I love the tbolt because the dimensions make it seem like a small tablet. Been waiting for an Evo-like phone on verizon since I played with my dads Evo last summer. Love it.
 
This is a similar situation as I'm in, except my old phone was not even a SmartPhone.

There may be no games slated to take advantage of dual cores now...but Nvidia already stood up their Tegra2 Portal and Sony has announced they will have a Playstation Store for the Tegra2...

I picked up a TB yesterday because I had a preorder at BestBuy, so I have 13 more days to decide... CTIA next week might skew my POV.

However, I'm loving it so far! (But coming from an LG Dare (and the Wife's Pre) that shouldn't be a surprise.
 
Thunderbolt all the way. HTC and sense UI are where its at. The thing is plenty fast as is. Why people need a dual core right now is beyond me. If you look at video comparisons, the thunderbolt looks much more smoother than the bionic anyway.
 
I'm in the exact situation as OP. I really love my Droid, esp. with all the 2.3.3 ROMs to choose from (that run great too! Currently on PE 5.02), so I think I can hold out. I'm not anywhere near a 4G area right now either. I really wish the Xperia Play would launch soon because I think that phone looks perfect for me. But after reading the reviews and what everyone has to say about this phone, it's very tempting. I went to a Verizon store last Friday to try one out, but they didn't have an active display unit available (dummie phone) and could only let me hold one out of the box turned off and without the battery. It definitely seems a bit big for me as I have pretty small hands and think 4" would be the max I'd want. But I'm sure I could get used to it.

Oh well.. I'll read more on it throughout the week and decide.
 
same here.....got n upgrade ready to go, and dont know if the tb is a big enough jump from my inc, or wait for the bionic...no 4g here until probably my next phone, either...
 
Back
Top Bottom