• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root i need help getting reborn rom

ok so i found xionia_cwma_12518.6.img renamed to vrecovery.img on the comp. then i plugged my phone in and put it on the sd card at the top. i dont know what the boot of the sd card is.. and i got the terminal emulator . i put in
$ su
# Flash_image recovery /sdcard/vrecovery.img
says Flash_image: not found
when i put in
# flash_image recovery /sdcard/vrecovery.img it says
error opening /sdcard/vrecovery.img: no such file or directory

The root of your sdcard means on your sdcard but not in a folder on your sdcard.

You got the first error because you used caps for Flash when it should be flash like your second try.

Are you sure you have the vrecovery.img on your sdcard and not in a folder on it? Use a file manager, and check your sdcard to see that vrecovery.img is in fact there.

yes i have astro file manager and ill touch sd card and it looks like a zip file a boxs with paper in it i also looked here at the same thing and it could not find it
forum.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/59359-custom-recovery-xionia-clockwork-cwma-v1-2518-6-a.html

so i reboot and its a blue screen
fastboot mode started
qpio_i2c: invalid khz:0
bl: i2c write error
udc_srart()
what now its not going any were

Try this. Go to settings-manage applications, click on all apps, scroll down to market, click on it, then click clear data. Exit back out, and start the market. It should reset all your market data. Don't know for sure if this will work, but its worth a shot. Remember, you installed a nandroid backup from another phone. Everything may not work right. This is the second thread I've seen with this issue since this method was posted this morning. You may want to go to the thread you got this from and ask the guy who posted it.

its been a day now the method i put works but unstable one u start downloading apps its gets really slow freeze's not the way to go

iv had aosp on my phone for few days i like it but i have heard alot about rebornrom iv done every thing i did with aosp as far as factory reset wipe cache partition
then it says installing update...
amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported.
amend scripting was deprecated by google in android 1.5.
it was necessary to remove it when upgrading to the clockworkmod 3.0 gingerbread based recover. please switch to edify scripting (updater0script and update-binary) to create working update zip packages
installation aborted.
not sure what it is telling me to do can any one help
thanks

when i flash that recovery it says
fastboot mode started
gpio-i2c: invalid khz:0
udc_start()
last time and this time it dose not move just sets the on a blue screen...

Back
Top Bottom