• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I really like CM10 but...

CYNICALifornia

Android Enthusiast
There seems to be some issues. Please don't see this as a rant. I realize these are nightlies that are WOP. Hoping maybe I did something wrong that's easy to fix.

First, it eats my battery! Six hours on my nightstand used 8%! My stock with OMJ'S mods doesn't drop at all under the same circumstances.
avytu7yh.jpg

Looks like my Evo is not ever really sleeping.

Also, wifi is spotty and reception is not that great. I restored my other rom, updated PRL and profile, then flashed back. Didn't help.

If these two things can get squared away I'll switch for good.

Your thoughts?

flash the stable version. ive been playing games, texting, emailing and made a few calls in the past 2 hours and im still at 86%. took phone off charger this morning at 7 am est. its now 2:10 est. flashed CM10 back to my recently s-off'd phone around 11 AM. phone was at 96% after flashing. 3 hours later im still at 86%.

ditch the nightlies.... go with the stable version.

flash the stable version. ive been playing games, texting, emailing and made a few calls in the past 2 hours and im still at 86%. took phone off charger this morning at 7 am est. its now 2:10 est. flashed CM10 back to my recently s-off'd phone around 11 AM. phone was at 96% after flashing. 3 hours later im still at 86%.

ditch the nightlies.... go with the stable version.

Alright! Trying it now!

I'm trying resize a screen shot for ya. Doing pretty good today. Made calls, sent texts, used GPS and navigation. Still holding strong at about 80%.

Decks versions from IRC have always been the best. The nightlies from the CM website are usually at least 2-3 days behind.

If you're running cm10, you should be running decks :p

That is too bad.
I'm running the 12/05 IRC build and I'm currently at 1 day 11 hours on a charge with 48% left.

Google Now is running with Gtalk, and 2 gmails syncing. I leave GPS on and have 40 minutes of screen time so far.

I tried to just use it as a phone the last 2 days. Probably 10 minutes of calls and a couple dozen texts, emails, and photo's.

I've been very happy with it. Oh I haven't used any Wifi or airplane mode. All 3G. I don't toggle stuff on or off or use a tasker either.

I think it's a beast of a Rom.

screenshot2012120908480.png

screenshot2012120908543.png

screenshot2012120908542a.png

You should be able to just sign in to the IRC. I never do anything special for it.
freenode Web IRC (qwebirc)

That's some pretty good battery life.

Thanks Rxpert! I hope the RUU worked for you. Maybe your phone just needed a fresh start?

This is where I finished out the day. I had 42 minutes of calls when it was all said and done.

screenshot2012120918491.png

screenshot2012120918490.png

screenshot2012120918485.png

I just tried the irc version and it was horrible. No GPS and no data. I reflashed, cleared dalvik and cache. Made attempts to reboot and nothing got any better. Went back to the cm10 I was running before. Should have just left well-enough alone.

That's very strange. The IRC builds are the exact same as the nightlies from cm except that the irc builds get fixes days before the nightlies do.

Sounds like a bad download

I've noticed things go a tiny tiny tiny bit easier if it's on the internal. Not any real measurable difference, but there is a very slight difference. But that also may be observational bias.

Certain tasks like nandroids may be faster or slower depending on the speed of the external card, but as far as functional differences it shouldn't matter

Certain tasks like nandroids may be faster or slower depending km the speed of the external card, but as far as functional differences it shouldn't matter

Ok, so the link to the irc worked like a charm, except the links in the irc aren't working

Never mind. I was clicking the wrong one.
Hold on to your butt.

I have yet to flash any of these. I need to nandroid and try one out this weekend.

PS:

Nice Samuel El quote there buddy!!

Back
Top Bottom