• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I think my LG Optimus C is Bricked.

For the last several hours, I've been trying to just get my phone to turn on past the white LG logo against a black screen. I don't know how to get the phone into any kind of recovery mode or emergency mode. I've looked at tutorials on similar phones, none of the suggestions worked. Among those suggestions were:

- Hold the down volume + home button while holding the power button
- Hold the up volume + return button while holding the power button
- Hold the up volume + home button while holding the power button

I've had to take the battery out of my phone and put it back in numerous times. I've tried removing the SD card and replacing the battery. I had my phone rooted and was attempting to install custom recovery via Android Terminal. The last thing I remember was typing "su" and then at the # typing "sh /sdcard/rf.sh". The phone rebooted to the LG and I've been trying to recover ever since.

The phone isn't even recognized by my computer when connected via USB, although when the phone is connected to the computer via USB it will turn on from off position -- ostensibly I think this means it is charging?

I've read at least 12 different fixes on 12 different forums, I've googled, searched, asked for help, and my head is about to explode. There is no example that tells me anything definitive such as:

a) If my phone is for sure bricked
b) How to tell if it is for sure bricked
c) What I can do short of returning the phone (which I have insurance on if I need it)

Can anyone help me to figure out a way to at least get my phone to boot up? From other threads I've read, it seems like the Optimus C is locked up pretty tightly and if you manage to root it and change things around, the LG Mobile Phone Tool will not recover the phone properly.

Thank you any and all in advance for your advice, assistance or admonishment. Yes, I know, if you play you pay. No lectures, please, just assistance if you can provide it for which I (and probably others) will be deeply grateful.

For the last several hours, I've been trying to just get my phone to turn on past the white LG logo against a black screen. I don't know how to get the phone into any kind of recovery mode or emergency mode. I've looked at tutorials on similar phones, none of the suggestions worked. Among those suggestions were:

- Hold the down volume + home button while holding the power button
- Hold the up volume + return button while holding the power button
- Hold the up volume + home button while holding the power button

I've had to take the battery out of my phone and put it back in numerous times. I've tried removing the SD card and replacing the battery. I had my phone rooted and was attempting to install custom recovery via Android Terminal. The last thing I remember was typing "su" and then at the # typing "sh /sdcard/rf.sh". The phone rebooted to the LG and I've been trying to recover ever since.

The phone isn't even recognized by my computer when connected via USB, although when the phone is connected to the computer via USB it will turn on from off position -- ostensibly I think this means it is charging?

I've read at least 12 different fixes on 12 different forums, I've googled, searched, asked for help, and my head is about to explode. There is no example that tells me anything definitive such as:

a) If my phone is for sure bricked
b) How to tell if it is for sure bricked
c) What I can do short of returning the phone (which I have insurance on if I need it)

Can anyone help me to figure out a way to at least get my phone to boot up? From other threads I've read, it seems like the Optimus C is locked up pretty tightly and if you manage to root it and change things around, the LG Mobile Phone Tool will not recover the phone properly.

Thank you any and all in advance for your advice, assistance or admonishment. Yes, I know, if you play you pay. No lectures, please, just assistance if you can provide it for which I (and probably others) will be deeply grateful.

I'm the dev who ported CM7 to this phone.I warned people so many times to stop trying different recovery's but this is a perfect example of people not listening. The phone isn't locked up very tight at all. You should have researched more before you did anything, you would have known phones were getting bricked for this exactly.Ignorance is not bliss my friend and i'm afraid you have a brick on your hands.I'll research it and talk to the other devs to see if anyone has managed to fix a brick yet.I know personally some users have gone through multiple phones because of this.

I'm the dev who ported CM7 to this phone.I warned people so many times to stop trying different recovery's but this is a perfect example of people not listening. The phone isn't locked up very tight at all. You should have researched more before you did anything, you would have known phones were getting bricked for this exactly.Ignorance is not bliss my friend and i'm afraid you have a brick on your hands.I'll research it and talk to the other devs to see if anyone has managed to fix a brick yet.I know personally some users have gone through multiple phones because of this.

That's kind of what I figured would end up being the case. In this instance I'm fortunate in that a) the phone was just purchased and b) I have insurance on the phone if I have to end up going that route (which I hope I don't).

I have to believe that where a problem exists, a solution cannot be far off. I'm willing to try anything at this point; however, the mere fact that the phone goes unrecognized when connected via USB is probably not a good sign for fixing it.

Oh yes -- FWIW, I was following the steps shown in this thread under "3. INSTALLING A CUSTOM RECOVERY". Perhaps that may shed some light on what happened for others or lead to a solutions.

[HOWTO] Rooting, Installing - Android SDK, Custom Recovery, Custom ROM's - xda-developers

that was for this forum which covers a hundred other phones, not this thread. I'm sure GITM will know what the outcome will be. Others did it due to lack of patience, completely different.

that was for this forum which covers a hundred other phones, not this thread. I'm sure GITM will know what the outcome will be. Others did it due to lack of patience, completely different.

I was able to exchange my phone today with no problem since it was brand new, they didn't even blink.

But I am heeding and giving a word of caution to everyone reading this, appealing to your sense of logic (if you have one): just because you are able to do it doesn't always mean you should. If you have unlimited resources and can afford to buy a new phone every time one bricks, then this probably doesn't apply to you.

However if, like me, you're not a wealthy philanthropist who can buy Droids as if they were candy bars, then I cannot caution you enough. Absolutely positively under no circumstances take any actions you're not 100% sure will work on your model of phone.

I speak from experience that just because it says "LG Optimus" does not mean it will work on MY particular LG Optimus and, in fact, there has been some discussion that the LG Mobile Tool does not even work properly with the LGLW690 (which is the Cricket version of the Optimus).

Now, I gotta go restore from a backup which (luckily) I made.

PREVIOUSLY STATED!!!! DO NOT TRY FLASH CM7 UNLESS U HAVE THE OPTIMUS C RECOVERY! ONLY A SELECT FEW HAVE IT AND ITS STILL IN BETA! YOU WILL BRICK UR PHONE, U WILL NOT BE ABKE TO FIX IT AND U WILL FEEL STUPID ONCE U BRICKED IT LOL.

I say this BC ive been hacking for a while and started with my LG Ally and I know how much it sucks to brick ur phone, so unless u see a thread created by ME, REBEL, OR ANYONE WITH PHOTOGRAPHIC PROOF OF A CERTAIN FLASH! we are doing our best to make this phone better, now we need u to bepaitent please!!!!!!

THANK YOU

I was able to exchange my phone today with no problem since it was brand new, they didn't even blink.

But I am heeding and giving a word of caution to everyone reading this, appealing to your sense of logic (if you have one): just because you are able to do it doesn't always mean you should. If you have unlimited resources and can afford to buy a new phone every time one bricks, then this probably doesn't apply to you.

However if, like me, you're not a wealthy philanthropist who can buy Droids as if they were candy bars, then I cannot caution you enough. Absolutely positively under no circumstances take any actions you're not 100% sure will work on your model of phone.

I speak from experience that just because it says "LG Optimus" does not mean it will work on MY particular LG Optimus and, in fact, there has been some discussion that the LG Mobile Tool does not even work properly with the LGLW690 (which is the Cricket version of the Optimus).

Now, I gotta go restore from a backup which (luckily) I made.

HOW are you restoring it from backup? If you install XIONA your asking for trouble.DO NOT USE THAT RECOVERY PEOPLE

HOW are you restoring it from backup? If you install XIONA your asking for trouble.DO NOT USE THAT RECOVERY PEOPLE

No no -- I made a backup of all my data on the old phone with Titanium Backup. Not messing with XIONA at this point, already got the message on that don't you think?

Omg i did the same thing a few hours ago and cant find the original rom anywhere. I tried installing amron ra recovery through terminal emulator and it bricked. Im trying to use the kdz method but cant find the proper soure for my optiimus c. Help please!

Omg i did the same thing a few hours ago and cant find the original rom anywhere. I tried installing amron ra recovery through terminal emulator and it bricked. Im trying to use the kdz method but cant find the proper soure for my optiimus c. Help please!
You can look at the thread here and try to revert back to stock by following the instructions in post #15.

"You can look at the thread here and try to revert back to stock by following the instructions in post #15. "
THis just happened to a friend of mine and the issue is if this happens you cant use that tutorial because it requires a non bricked phone. Because you have to have the phone booted into android so far my friend who I am trying to help is in the same boat as OP found a tutorial that said it was for the optimus c for installing ammonra ran the command in the terminal emulator the phoone gave a message about a file missing that in the forum post said to ignore if it happened and the phone now just locks on the black with white LG spash screeen. No button combo I have tried has been able to get into any recovery mode to try the KDZ method can anyone psoibly shed some light on the proper way to get into recover so I at least know I am trying the right button combo?

"You can look at the thread here and try to revert back to stock by following the instructions in post #15. "
THis just happened to a friend of mine and the issue is if this happens you cant use that tutorial because it requires a non bricked phone. Because you have to have the phone booted into android so far my friend who I am trying to help is in the same boat as OP found a tutorial that said it was for the optimus c for installing ammonra ran the command in the terminal emulator the phoone gave a message about a file missing that in the forum post said to ignore if it happened and the phone now just locks on the black with white LG spash screeen. No button combo I have tried has been able to get into any recovery mode to try the KDZ method can anyone psoibly shed some light on the proper way to get into recover so I at least know I am trying the right button combo?

Volume dwn home power

Back
Top Bottom