• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I thought my phone bricked last night.

chabber

Lurker
Mar 22, 2010
Last night before bed, I went to set the alarm on my new Nexus and to my surprise the screen would not turn on!!! I had changed to the extended battery earlier in the day so I thought maybe that was the problem. I swapped that up and still nothing. I tried plugging it into the wall and I didn't get any lights indicating it was charging. At this point I'm guessing that the phone is bricked.

I figured if I went to Verizon they would probably already be out of stock and maybe I'd get to try out the Razr for a few days. Of course as luck would have it about 30 minutes before the Verizon store opened I hear my text notification go off and low and behold my phone is working again....WTF??? I didn't turn it on, it wasn't plugged into a charger. How did this happen? Anyone have any ideas or by some strange circumstance have it happen to them as well?

Anyway I decided to at least go to the store and report the issue so that there would be some kind of record, however I know they thought I was crazy.

Last night before bed, I went to set the alarm on my new Nexus and to my surprise the screen would not turn on!!! I had changed to the extended battery earlier in the day so I thought maybe that was the problem. I swapped that up and still nothing. I tried plugging it into the wall and I didn't get any lights indicating it was charging. At this point I'm guessing that the phone is bricked.

I figured if I went to Verizon they would probably already be out of stock and maybe I'd get to try out the Razr for a few days. Of course as luck would have it about 30 minutes before the Verizon store opened I hear my text notification go off and low and behold my phone is working again....WTF??? I didn't turn it on, it wasn't plugged into a charger. How did this happen? Anyone have any ideas or by some strange circumstance have it happen to them as well?

Anyway I decided to at least go to the store and report the issue so that there would be some kind of record, however I know they thought I was crazy.

This is exactly what has happened to mine, except that it has not yet come back to life. At the moment, it is dead. Any insights?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones