• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ICS discussion in general

deathneed

To get the latest version of Quattrimus or to see the most recent list of updates click here
google applications for this rom (market, maps, etc...) can be found a few post below in the above link ,posted by anonymo

Feel free to post any thing relating to the new Ics rom :D(screenshots,bugs,trick/tips,solutions to bugs,etc...)
This thread can act as a known bug thread :cool:
__________________________________________________________________________________
This information only applys to alpha build 3 (currently the most current(will probably update when new build is released))

%%%%Bug reporting%%%%
Report any bugs pertaining to Quattrimus here: https://github.com/tdm/android_device_lge_thunderc/issues?sort=created&direction=asc&state=open when reporting a bug, please follow the following guidelines: Please be courteous and professional. Please file thorough reports. Some things are obvious, some aren't, so you'll need to use some discretion in how much detail to write. Generally, you should answer these questions: What build are you running? What happened? What should have happened? Under what conditions? Do you know what might have triggered the issue? Please don't file duplicate issues. Search for your issue both in this thread and in the bug tracker before filing a new issue. Please use this for quattrimus specific bugs at the moment. I'm(tdm) not fixing CM9 issues yet. If you have another CM9 device to compare behavior, that would be ideal.

"This is currently alpha quality. Some things are known to be non-functional (see below) and the ROM is generally unpolished.
If you haven't flashed a custom ROM before, this is not ready for you yet!"

------Things to know(bugs and what not):
*3g does work but for me I had to toggle airplane mode and data a few times for it to work

*MMS Messaging is currently not working (picture and video)

*will not boot into recovery while charging/connected

*youtube and other video viewing is not working

*when holding the power button to open the menu ,you have to wait for the second vibrate or it will lock your phone

*the keyboard isn't correctly proportional to the screen (the space bar and lower row is only half showing(see screenshots)) fixale by downloading a new keyboard

*the gallery seems to be working but force closes semi frequently(can be avoided by waiting longer for things to load)

*this build is actually pretty stable,I did quite a few tasks with no problems(i.e. web browse, download app and update app all at once, so it can handle multi-tasking well it seems)

*Wifi tethering only works for OP V users that origianlly had 2.2.1 (3rdparty tether apps should still work for 2.2.2)

*mic is non-functional in applications like vocie search or composing a text (I havnt tested it in a phone call but assume it dosnt work)

*Three new governors have been added to the cpu settings (which means a new kernel)

*Camera is still non functional(no work around as of now)

*Many settings currently not changable or even accessable :(

*wifi speeds seem to be up to par

*class-2 8gb sd card will get 4.9 mb write speed and 20mb read speed (speeds will vary on card size and class, to test download sd tools (on the market)

if there is some info you'd like me to include in this post let me know so i can add it, I have only out what i have learned from using the rom
-------------------------screenshots----------------------------------
screenshots-box.com(all screenshots ive taken so far) let me know if link becomes broken
:rolleyes: Including the more relevent pics:

example of keyboard cut off:
maj7v9.jpg

new gov's:
2w5ls7c.jpg

internal memory(i hadnt downloaded any apps at this point, also didnt flash gapps):
i1xl5z.jpg
________________________________________________________________________________
WARNING: Remember this Rom is still in it Alpha stages, this means many bugs glitches and errors could and will occur, you are flashing this Rom at your own risk.
To avoid problems:
*Do not flash this Rom if you are new to flashing.
*If you choose to flash make sure you have a backup.
*Ensure you follow all the instructions PROPERLY before flash, just because your a pro dosnt mean you wont make mistakes.
*Avoid Changing advanced/ developer settings while using this Rom unless you are sure you are know what you are doing.
*Properly secure your seatbelt, its going to be a bumpy ride.

If you have 2.2.2 then WiFi tethering won't work. Those with 2.2.1 won't have a problem.

Report any bugs pertaining to Quattrimus here:
https://github.com/tdm/android_device_lge_thunderc/issues?sort=created&direction=asc&state=open
when reporting a bug, please follow the following guidelines:

• Please be courteous and professional.
  • Please file thorough reports. Some things are obvious, some aren't, so you'll need to use some discretion in how much detail to write. Generally, you should answer these questions: What build are you running? What happened? What should have happened? Under what conditions? Do you know what might have triggered the issue?
  • Please don't file duplicate issues. Search for your issue both in this thread and in the bug tracker before filing a new issue.
  • Please use this for quattrimus specific bugs at the moment. I'm(tdm) not fixing CM9 issues yet. If you have another CM9 device to compare behavior, that would be ideal.

Back
Top Bottom