• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ICS Leak XXLPB, XXLPH

HUGE BUG on XXLPH: cannot re-enable disabled apps:

You can disable a system app, by going into System Settings -> Apps, tap on app, the click "Disable" button, but you cannot enable it back, because once you close the Settings app and clear it from memory, when you enter next time the System Settings -> Apps, IT DOES NOT DISPLAY ANY MORE THE DISABLED APPS, so you cannot tap on a disabled app and click the "Enable" button. This does not happen on a 4.0.3 build for HTC (which displays the disabled apps), so I suspect that it is a bug in the XXLPH version from Samsung.

HUGE BUG on XXLPH: cannot re-enable disabled apps:

You can disable a system app, by going into System Settings -> Apps, tap on app, the click "Disable" button, but you cannot enable it back, because once you close the Settings app and clear it from memory, when you enter next time the System Settings -> Apps, IT DOES NOT DISPLAY ANY MORE THE DISABLED APPS, so you cannot tap on a disabled app and click the "Enable" button. This does not happen on a 4.0.3 build for HTC (which displays the disabled apps), so I suspect that it is a bug in the XXLPH version from Samsung.

Settings > Application (Under Device Category) > All (tab) > bottom most (all the disabled apps will sort to the last.

Updated last night and list all of my contacts.is there a way to get them back? Apps are gone too but that's no so bad.everything else seems fine

Screenshot_2012-02-08-14-13-17.png

VERY stable release. I've put it through the paces. Already rooted it as well and got rid of the persistent 'Software Updater' notification that wouldn't go away.

Some nice things I've noticed:

1. Gets rid of the infinite scrolling on the home pages AND in the App Tray.
2. Neat transition effects when auto-rotating.
3. Contains a lot more ICS element in contacts.
4. Still uses the old 3D Gallery but it seems to be faster. (I hope the gallery is updated eventually.)
5. Lockscreen how has "Swipe Screen To Unlock" with a Lock Symbol on it. Neat.

I'll keep posting more as I find it.

how did you get rid of the software updater thing...rooted mine and its still there, that and i cant seem to add email accounts other than gmail. besides that any way of recovering my contacts that i los during the switch????

I'm also in XXLPB but not funding it to stable! Display keeps freezing every now & again & the screen slowly fades toward white! Only way too un freeze it is to remove the battery! Thinking about going back tutu 2.3.6 which was excellent. Also 4.0.3 doesn't seem to have Swype pre installed which is a massive loss in my opinion!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom