• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ICS][ROM][WIP]Paranoid Android 1.5a Build1

Status
Not open for further replies.
[MOD NOTE]
Thread closed at request of OP - this ROM is no longer supported.
[/MOD NOTE]

Here is the first public build of Paranoid Android for the Optimus Elite, it's based on paranoid android 1.5a

rMd4W8m.png

Credits:
Paranoid Team for the rom
Phenomx4 for ICS
Starkraving for testing a previous build
The entire community

You can see screenshots HERE

What works:
All main things work, just working on getting the PA specific things fully working

What doesnt:
# NFC doesn't seem to be in the menu at all.
# Setting status bar density freezes the phone, requiring a battery pull

##### Recommendations ######
Best settings for the keyboard is DefaultUI - Stock DPI and it should work just fine.
Still need to adjust the pad.prop
When you first boot it is recommended that you open paranoid backup and backup your settings just in case

## Next release
I'm trying to get 1.6 or possibly 2.x for the next update. I actually didn't realize this was 1.5 I thought it was 1.6

Downloads:
paEliteSEP20-1 Virgin
md5sum 9b2ae88004ec22db91964149c2690f5d

Install the regular ics gapps

Very nice Ken I am thinking of flashing this! I am guessing it broke the persistent 3G. Do you think it is ready for normal usage or should i wait?

I would say it's more for testing at the moment. The major stuff works like data, wifi, text but there are still some hiccups and things. But if you want to make a backup and help test thats good too

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones