• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root If I unroot, will my modified wifi file stay intact?

Rooted the tab to modify the wifi file so that it would connect to my original Droid's Wireless Tether ad hoc connection. I have not removed any stock apps.

Can I go ahead and unroot back so I will properly receive updates? Will it kill my wifi access?

Thanks.

Rooted the tab to modify the wifi file so that it would connect to my original Droid's Wireless Tether ad hoc connection. I have not removed any stock apps.

Can I go ahead and unroot back so I will properly receive updates? Will it kill my wifi access?

Thanks.

Hi,

you do not need to unroot to receive updates if you have not deleted or uninstalled any stock apps. I have successfully updated my rooted tablet 3.01 OTA. what unroot will do to your wifi settings is an unknown.

cheers :)

Hi,

you do not need to unroot to receive updates if you have not deleted or uninstalled any stock apps. I have successfully updated my rooted tablet 3.01 OTA. what unroot will do to your wifi settings is an unknown.

cheers :)

Thanks.

Went ahead and tried it anyway, and I was still able to tether to my phone.

I am assuming you used the same Gingerbreak method? Thanks again for your help.

Back
Top Bottom