• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

If the iPhone 5/iPad lacks 4g and/or dual core...

Apple never did brick any jailbroken iPhones. All of the iPhones I have ever used were jailbroken. Even my 4th Gen iPod is jailbroken. Sure, my Android phone has most of the same apps (except games), but they run a lot better and look a hell of a lot better on my iPod Touch.
I am hoping the new ATRIX will close the gap in performance.

Upvote 0
Apple never did brick any jailbroken iPhones. All of the iPhones I have ever used were jailbroken. Even my 4th Gen iPod is jailbroken. Sure, my Android phone has most of the same apps (except games), but they run a lot better and look a hell of a lot better on my iPod Touch.
I am hoping the new ATRIX will close the gap in performance.
Just because, your phone was never bricked does not mean they never bricked jailbroken iphones.

Upvote 0
I want to see you have 10+ tabs open. Really. I do.

While having a conversation on gtalk. Do it.

And handling of notifications properly is a BIG part of multitasking.

Ok, so its not 10 pages, only 9. Like anyone would ever need 9 websites open at the same times anyways. But here is a video with me running Safari with 9 pages running, an IM client running both MSN and Facebook chat with me messaging back and forth (I can do a bunch more if I wanted), Twitter and Pandora streaming music in the background. Yea, the iPad cant multitask at all LOL. Insert foot into mouth :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tynup1N-7Lk

Upvote 0
i was just cruising the the xda developers sister forum, iphone developers forum and it seems that Steve Jobs has crippled the iOS and many people are trying to downgrade. Unlike Google making improvements on theirs. Not to mention that jailbreaking now is a hell of alot harder than it was before. I was just skimming that site cause my friend wants to get the i4 when it drops for Verizon. She wanted to see about customizing it like "how my android" is.

I know its all personal preference but I'm so glad that I left the Fuhrer's grasp.

Upvote 0
Ok, so its not 10 pages, only 9. Like anyone would ever need 9 websites open at the same times anyways. But here is a video with me running Safari with 9 pages running, an IM client running both MSN and Facebook chat with me messaging back and forth (I can do a bunch more if I wanted), Twitter and Pandora streaming music in the background. Yea, the iPad cant multitask at all LOL. Insert foot into mouth :)

You shouldn't have even given anybody the satisfaction of trying to prove somebody wrong.

Upvote 0

Yet the notifications completely interrupt your workflow. Lame sauce.

And hell, I keep more than 10 pages open all the time. Hell on my laptop I hit 20-30 browser windows... but I digress.

I'm also assuming that's a "jailbroken" iPad.

And if you had that much slowdown with that little bit, I'd hate to see you put the load I put on my evo everyday... should I post it mike?

EDIT: Wait a tic, THIS is wierd. It's like BIZARRO mbell75.

Multitasking is kind of a pain in the ***! - Page 2 - MacRumors Forums

Post #49

mbell75.jpg

And I see you've been banned from MacRumors. For shame.

So is it me, or do you just like to argue?

You know what's even better guys? Read the entire thread. They even call him an ANDROID FANBOY!!!

:eek:

So does this mean your going to argue with your alter ego? Or do you agree with me??? :thinking:

Upvote 0
Reactions: Eazail70x7
Upvote 0
How about use one out of the box with zero dependency on iTunes?

(Yeah - I've actually read of people using their iPads without iTunes. Wonder if they get OTA updates then? Not sure...)

I would imagine your still depending on it to upload music/whatever else, so even if they get OTA updates.. its still not zero dependency on itunes...

oh doesn't evo also video chat over the cellular network and not just wifi?

Upvote 0
Yep - and it runs Google Sky. I have a buddy who bought the equivalent for his iPhone.

It's also runs RemoteDroid. I have another buddy who bought the equivalent for his iPhone.

They both run Angry Birds, I guess.

So, probably kinda equal in that regard.

I use my Evo to tether another buddy's iPad when we're hanging. I guess they've updated that on the new iPad, maybe someday he can tether me.

So - now that that's all clear - how does this relate to the OP?

Upvote 0
Yet the notifications completely interrupt your workflow. Lame sauce.

And hell, I keep more than 10 pages open all the time. Hell on my laptop I hit 20-30 browser windows... but I digress.

I'm also assuming that's a "jailbroken" iPad.

And if you had that much slowdown with that little bit, I'd hate to see you put the load I put on my evo everyday... should I post it mike?

Well, thats personal preference. As I said, I prefer Android's notification system more but iOS can push IMs and emails just fine while you are doing a ton of other things which you said it could not :) Nope, not jailbroken, thats just out of the box and running Safari. Of course I could download another browser if I felt like having 30 tabs open but there is no need. The slowdown was more the fault of my router. I have 4 other computers plus my Apple TV and my Evo on it.

Upvote 0
Yep - and it runs Google Sky. I have a buddy who bought the equivalent for his iPhone.

It's also runs RemoteDroid. I have another buddy who bought the equivalent for his iPhone.

They both run Angry Birds, I guess.

So, probably kinda equal in that regard.

I use my Evo to tether another buddy's iPad when we're hanging. I guess they've updated that on the new iPad, maybe someday he can tether me.

So - now that that's all clear - how does this relate to the OP?

Furious Fowls is free on the robot...

I am pretty sure on my moms pear phone 4 she has to pay like 5$ for it..

With that said.. I believe the original point of this topic was to continue the blood fued for people intent on arguing over androids and oranges.

If you have ever seen the episode of south park where cartman goes to the future and they now are waging war over what the name of the athiest organization should be, instead of who's religion is right.

I think this thread is built on a similar principle.

Upvote 0
Carry it in your pocket while making a phone call?

haha nice. I love my Evo and I would love it if Google fixed their fragmentation problems and got everyone running the same version of Android. That will never happen now, far too many phones on every carrier cause they got greedy. Your nice new Android phone you just dropped hundreds on will be obsolete within a month or two when the next one with better specs and running the newer OS is released. Thanks Google! :rolleyes: This is why Apple keeps to one phone and one carrier, much easier.

Upvote 0
haha nice. I love my Evo and I would love it if Google fixed their fragmentation problems and got everyone running the same version of Android. That will never happen now, far too many phones on every carrier cause they got greedy. Your nice new Android phone you just dropped hundreds on will be obsolete within a month or two when the next one with better specs and running the newer OS is released. Thanks Google! :rolleyes: This is why Apple keeps to one phone and one carrier, much easier.

lol... "fragmentation" lol......

Oh they have two carriers now incase you didn't get the memo.

Also.. even if my captivate NEVER gets a single update.. Its still a thousand times more fun for me than my moms iphone...

Iphone.. I pick it up.. I put it down bored..

Mine.. I can't stop messing with it.

May need to find some sort of androids anonymous clinic.

NOTICE: I stated my personal preference without implying android is in anyway a superior OS.

BE AMAZED!!!

Upvote 0

Ok, you're joking, I get it. That's the only explanation I have to post that which you know to be false.

Upvote 0
Didn't Steve Jobs already do this with Flash? He wrote (or more accurately typed) up a little message that was total crap about how Flash wasn't worthy of Apple. By extension, this included the iPhone of course.

However, for the OP, I agree with the fact that dual core processor aren't useful yet, and I'm personally not in favor of 4G at the moment. My current connection is anywhere from 1.5 to 5 mbps and it personally gets the job done. I think what's more sad is how everyone follows Apple's lead with technology that already exists.

Case in point: Front facing cameras. Until the iPhone 4 came out, there were only a couple of Android phones with it (and of course many older phones, specifically Nokias). As soon as the iPhone 4 hits, it damn near becomes a standard feature on high end Android phones.

Apple dissing emerging or current technology doesn't bother me because they inevitably get proved wrong about it. What pisses me off is Apple adding incremental updates to the iPhone in the form of existing technology and calling it revolutionary.

PS. For mbell75, if you know how to root, your phone is never behind.

Upvote 0
Do you realize us tech nerds are in a pretty small minority? Your average consumer has no clue what dual core processors and 4G are let alone what they actually do. You also dont need insanely fast processors to run mobile devices if the OS is light and efficient, like iOS. Thats exactly why the tablets with the specs twice that of the iPad sit there collecting dust (or never even get into production) and the iPad is nearing 14 million sales in nine months. The general public does NOT care about specs! Make it simple and easy to use, make it attractive, make it a household name with brilliant marketing and repeat. Apple does all of these things better than any other company, thats why it works.

You are completely missing the point of my question. I am simply asking what you think Apple would say about 4G and duel core I they decide not to utilize those features on their next gen products. I never said that their product would be bad if they didn't use them. I'm just asking what you think will be said, that's all. I'm sure the next iphone and ipad will perform better than the iphone 4 and ipad 1.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones