• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

IF YOU GET 2.1 OTA DON'T INSTALL IT ... yet

Inphosys. You just said something about more news after midnight eastern, then it was gone. What do you know?

I accediently removed it... :eek:
Sorry! :eek:

BAAAHAHAHA ... Read this ... Verizon begins Android 2.1 update rollout for Motorola Droid -- Engadget

It says at Noon (Eastern Time) on 3/30/2010 ... 1000 users will get the 2.1 OTA. Then, shortly before midnight (Eastern Time) ... 9000 more users will get the OTA.

My hope is that one of you wakes up to the OTA and follows the instructions in the OP so you can be the hero and share it with the rest of us! :)

Upvote 0
BAAAHAHAHA ... Read this ... Verizon begins Android 2.1 update rollout for Motorola Droid -- Engadget

It says at Noon (Eastern Time) on 3/30/2010 ... 1000 users will get the 2.1 OTA. Then, shortly before midnight (Eastern Time) ... 9000 more users will get the OTA.

My hope is that one of you wakes up to the OTA and follows the instructions in the OP so you can be the hero and share it with the rest of us! :)

that is a great idea! we should all start doing this for updates! you're my hero just for think that up!

Upvote 0
It looks like Verizon and Motorola took exception with yesterday’s mini-rant because our inboxes are being absolutely hammered by tips that the Android 2.1 update for the DROID is now being pushed out. If you’ve yet to receive a notification of the update you don’t need to worry because this is a gradual rollout and should hit up most people by the week’s end. Here’s what you get with the update (which, to be specific is AP: ESE81/BP: C_01.3E.03P):

Upvote 0
I received the update and posted in the other thread, but it automatically installed and rebooted so I couldn't pull the file. Just wanted to bring that to everyone's attention. I dunno how to work around that if that's even possible as I'm a little tech illiterate in that department.

Not your fault over @ DroidForums the procedure is different now...instead pull the battery and then take out your microsd card...so basically we have alot of blown update.zips

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones