• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root If you live in the New Jersey area I'm willing to pay you to root and add Froyo to my phone

Hi, I live in Nigeria, I have great wealth and I would very like much to help you out. Please to me mail your phone. I root free no charge. okay?

ha, sorry couldn't resist...

I'm in NH and would love tp take your $ but really it is quite easy.

DL the unrevoked 3
Run it
plug in your phone
You're rooted

Pick a Rom
DL it
Save it to root of SD card
Restart phone holding volume down
Recovery
Nandroid backup to be safe
Power to back up a menu
Install from SD card
Select zip
Install.
Enjoy froyo.

DL the unrevoked 3
Run it
plug in your phone
You're rooted

Pick a Rom
DL it
Recovery
Power to back up a menu
Install from SD card
Select zip
Install.
Enjoy froyo.

Yeah this is about as simple as it gets. If you need any advice though, feel free to PM me.

Alot of people are willing to help you via online for free. No need to pay anyone

I'm in jersey (well, will be for the weekend), and could give you a hand if you're serious. Not going to take your money though.

Where about are you?

DL the unrevoked 3
Run it
plug in your phone
You're rooted

Pick a Rom
DL it
Recovery
Power to back up a menu
Install from SD card
Select zip
Install.
Enjoy froyo.

where do I pic a froyo rom from?

look in the roms section of the forum, there or XDA. I personally reccomend the FrankenROM (Evoport thread).

so all I gotta do is root put rom in root of sd card select it then good to go? Which rom gives me the features if Froyo without reducing my battery life

Dude, I'm in seaside park. Here now, will be until I fly back to CA tomorrow afternoon. If you for real want a hand getting this stuff down, I don't mind. Just lemme know, I'll PM you my email. Otherwise, reading the stuff already referenced covers everything you need to know, but I get it with being overwhelmed by acronyms and new terms.

I work @ a bar in Central Jerz. I could root it for you if you want but these guys are right if you follow the step-by-steps online it's really easy.

I love to help too. . But the truth is you should just keep reading until you can do most of it or you probably don't really even need a rooted phone, most of what you would do with root requires the same knowledge.

I'm about to be in NJ in like... 3 hours. Gotta get back to MD by tomorrow evening though. Like everyone said, it's really straightforward. Hardest part is biting the bullet and doing it; overcome the fear!

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

DL the unrevoked 3
Run it
plug in your phone
You're rooted

Pick a Rom
DL it
Recovery
Power to back up a menu
Install from SD card
Select zip
Install.
Enjoy froyo.

Ok I followed these instructions to the letter. When I get to the part where I intstall from SD card I install Frankenrom B5 which I put in my SD card and I keep getting file not found. Help!!!

Honestly, if you are not willing to learn how to root yourself, or can't figure it out, I don't recommend that you should have a rooted phone. If you're going to modify the filesystem of your phone, you should have some sort of knowledge of what it does and how to change it yourself.

But that's just my opinion.

Ok I followed these instructions to the letter. When I get to the part where I intstall from SD card I install Frankenrom B5 which I put in my SD card and I keep getting file not found. Help!!!

Ok, one of several things:

1) your download of the Frankenrom is corrupt or incomplete. It should be ~155 MB. Make sure the checksum is correct.

2) Make sure it is on the root of your SD card. /sdcard/Frankenrom.zip.

3) Make sure that it is not named Frankenrom.zip.zip.

So can someone help me out? Name the price.

dude, if you havent done it yet, email me shpotik@gmail.com, im no expert at this stuff, but just through youtube, i upgraded my incredible to 2.2 foyo, rooted it, have wifi tethering, full flash it works real nice pretty much anything you find online besides hulu works. so get at me if u want help! my email comes right to my phone, so ill reply within minutes.

Back
Top Bottom