• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root If you live in the New Jersey area I'm willing to pay you to root and add Froyo to my phone

Sorry haven't been checking the site in a while. Glad to hear that you were able to gain root and install the new rom with help from others.

As stated above, in order to get the 2.15... radio you need to do the Unrevoked forever however once you go s-off you can not turn it back on, at least not yet.

I haven't noticed much improvement between any of the radios except the 720p recording, which you can do with just the OTA update. Of coarse you need to go back to stock in order to apply it.

If everything is working for you and you are happy with it, I say stay with it. If you like to fiddle with your DINC (like most men do) install forever and apply the new radio.

well I want to install a new radio to see if it fixes my GPS which is the only thing thats not working. I tried to install forever but it wont work? I downlaoded the file. Put in root of SD card, put my phone in recovery, selected forever as a zip from my sd card, applied it, rebooted my phone and it still shows the S-ON. What did I do wrong?

Lady's and Gentlemen I finally did it! I finally downloaded the Rom on my phone. It turns out I had to switch to a Windows PC for it to work, This thing is great. I love it!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Root. I'm glad to see that you were able to get it done. Congrats!!

well I want to install a new radio to see if it fixes my GPS which is the only thing thats not working. I tried to install forever but it wont work? I downlaoded the file. Put in root of SD card, put my phone in recovery, selected forever as a zip from my sd card, applied it, rebooted my phone and it still shows the S-ON. What did I do wrong?

I'm assuming that your phone is rooted?

Well try re-downloading the file again, repeat.

Well I managed to root and install a rom myself now I'm just having problems getting forever on my phone. Maybe you can help?

Go to the link in my signature for "Unrevoked Forever". Read it over carefully and do it step by step. You shouldn't have any problems.

Well I managed to root and install a rom myself now I'm just having problems getting forever on my phone. Maybe you can help?

For some reason I had a problem doing it as well when I tried to install from sdcard. What did work for me was to rename it to update.zip (make sure its not update.zip.zip) put it on the root and install update.zip letting it pick it instead of choosing one myself. Made no sense to me why but worked, worth a try.

Back
Top Bottom