• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

IM+ for Android, a major update and discount!

vit_

Hi everyone,

We're happy to introduce you IM+ for Android 3.3 version!

In this new version:

• Smoother UI graphics
  • MSN and Skype group chats
  • Swipe-switching between chats
  • Login with several accounts for one IM service
  • Geo-status and Geo-location sending
  • Chat or history sending by email
  • Many bugfixes and performance improvements!

You can grab the free IM+ or buy the IM+ Pro version at our website

or you can also visit www.shapeservices.com or Android Market and download the app from your smartphone.

Here are some screenshots:

scr_andr_1.png

scr_andr_2.png

Thanks guys, hope you will enjoy this version,
Vitaly
PR Manager,
SHAPE Services

what is the battery consumption like when the app is active and 'running in background'?

what is the battery consumption like when the app is active and 'running in background'?

Good point. I sent Roze a free license key to try IM+ Pro and make a conclusion on this question. Anyone else wanna win a key? 5 keys are available. Feel free to leave your comments here, 5 random users will be selected.

We appreciate any feedback, it's really important to us to know your thoughts and wishes on our app. On December 11-th we'll randomly reward those who left feedbacks :)

Good point. I sent Roze a free license code to try IM+ Pro and make a conclusion on this question. Anyone else wanna get a code?

Feel free to leave your comments here about IM+ or IM+ Pro!
We appreciate any feedback, it's really important to us to know your thoughts and wishes on our app. On December 11-th we'll randomly reward those who left feedbacks :)

I would like a code please.

I miss this app from my iPOD, but the Android version has been very bland compared to it. If you are supporting and updating the Android version, I would love to be able to give it a go.

Are there any plans for push notifications? This one feature is pretty important for me.

Thank you and good luck,
Whiteice

*EDIT* Forgot I had it on my BB Curve 8330 too. And I wasn't allowed to transfer the license unfortunately :( And it was like $30 USD for the BB version. Was worth it though since I paid for it :) Thanks for the reminder rkkeller

I had this on my BB and iPhone. If there are any codes left I could use one, I did purchase it once or twice in the past.

Yes, we are planning to add push notifications in future!

I would like a code please.

I miss this app from my iPOD, but the Android version has been very bland compared to it. If you are supporting and updating the Android version, I would love to be able to give it a go.

Are there any plans for push notifications? This one feature is pretty important for me.

Thank you and good luck,
Whiteice

*EDIT* Forgot I had it on my BB Curve 8330 too. And I wasn't allowed to transfer the license unfortunately :( And it was like $30 USD for the BB version. Was worth it though since I paid for it :) Thanks for the reminder rkkeller

How do you set up the group chat?

You can invite friends to a group chat in MSN and Skype only. We will also add other services in next versions, stay tuned.

To do this, just perform a few easy steps:

1. Choose your MSN or Skype contact, and then open 'Settings' and choose 'More'

scr_andr_3.png

[FONT=&quot]2. Choose 'Invite to group chat'

scr_andr_4.png

[/FONT] 3. Choose buddies you would like to invite

[FONT=&quot]
scr_andr_5.png

[/FONT]
4. Enjoy!

[FONT=&quot]
scr_andr_6.png

[/FONT]

I would like to try the pro ver, I had IM+ before and my experience was ok for the most part the only thing I had a issue with was not able to stay connected for a long period of time.

Same here. If you have more licences to give away, I would love one too. Haven`t been completely satisfied with chat clients out there for Android. Will give the free version a try tough :)

Some of what I would like to see with IM+ are the following:

1: Push notifications. This was a HUGE reason why I got this program over the other IM programs back on the Blackberry. I work in a large hospital, so my signal gets cut out from time to time. So having the ability of push to my email to stay in communication with my contacts is important. This feature seemed to work amazingly on the BB. I haven't been able to find a program since that compared to the BB version.

2: Re-connecting. I still have yet to find a decent IM program that is better then average in re-establishing connection when it is lost. Kind of similar in nature to my #1, it is important for me to stay in communication with my contacts.

3: Easy on the battery. I would like to the program to be battery smart. Meaning, when it is connected, it doesn't drain the battery. Another reason why I liked this program on the BB. As soon as I signed in on my BB, I automatically chose to have IM+ run in push mode. Less battery drain, and easier to stay in communication via the email push.

Those 3 things I mentioned above kind of go hand in hand with one another, but they are important to me and are things I would like to see with IM+ to make me convert to it on the Android phone.

Thank you,
Whiteice

*EDIT* Maybe not right away, but sometime down the road, I would like to see some kind of creative widget for IM+. I will have to think of things I would like the widget to be capable of, but I have yet to see any good IM program with a widget that caught my attention. Being on the Android, widgets are a big thing for us.

If you have any codes left I would like to give it a try. I've been using the Trillian beta but I keep getting disconnected since the last update and it's very annoying. I'm trying to find a good replacement and beejive just isn't cutting it for me.

So far, IM+ seems to drain a little bit more then the other IM app that I use.

I also noticed that when I got home from the gym, Yahoo was disconnected (but not AOL, MSN, or Facebook.) So I had to manually click to reconnect it as it did not re-connect on it's own.

Still messing around with IM+

Whiteice

Hi Vit_

I was wondering if you all happened to have handed out the free license codes that you mentioned you would be handing out today?

I didn't see any mention of it.

Thanks,
Whiteice

Hi Vit_

I was wondering if you all happened to have handed out the free license codes that you mentioned you would be handing out today?

I didn't see any mention of it.

Thanks,
Whiteice

Hi, I have sent to all of you guys the license codes:
nik3t,
Whiteicedmstech,
rkkeller,
cruzr180,
onpointG35,
JoNIKaH,
Nightwind Hawk,
bilbotn,
cewallace,
- please, check your private messages inbox.

Thank you very much for your interest in IM+, your feedback means a lot to all of our team. Everyday we are constantly working on IM+, adding good stuff and making it more polished.
You can also try one of our latest products - IM+ for Web, it's a free platform-independent web application, so you can access IM+ via web browser.

Stay tuned for our updates, contests and givaways - it's Christmas soon, and we will have another surprise for you.

Please, don't hesitate to post your impressions and comments further, I'll be answering them. If you stuck with some problem - you can also write to our support team at www.shapeservices.com, they will try to help asap.

Vitaly

I had used the free version earlier. But due to some probs. like UI, frequent disconnection etc. i stopped using it.... can i have any key ( free one if you can provide) for the pro version so that i can compare to other app. too.

Hi, I have sent to all of you guys the license codes:
nik3t,
Whiteicedmstech,
rkkeller,
cruzr180,
onpointG35,
JoNIKaH,
Nightwind Hawk,
bilbotn,
cewallace,
- please, check your private messages inbox.

Thank you very much for your interest in IM+, your feedback means a lot to all of our team. Everyday we are constantly working on IM+, adding good stuff and making it more polished.
You can also try one of our latest products - IM+ for Web, it's a free platform-independent web application, so you can access IM+ via web browser.

Stay tuned for our updates, contests and givaways - it's Christmas soon, and we will have another surprise for you.

Please, don't hesitate to post your impressions and comments further, I'll be answering them. If you stuck with some problem - you can also write to our support team at www.shapeservices.com, they will try to help asap.

Vitaly

Thank you very much Vit for the code. I really appreciate it.

Where would you like us to post our feedback and suggestions for future IM+ releases?

For example, IM+ seems to drain the battery more then the other IM client I use on my EVO. Battery drainage is a huge issue for everyone, so I would like to provide that feedback as well as future feedback.

Thank you again for the code,
Whiteice

Also,

2 more questions if I amy:

1: I don't see anyplace within the IM+ client I am using currently to enter the code. What is the correct way of using IM+ with the code you provided?

2: With the code you gave us, does this entitle us to upgrades to newer version in the future as they are released? Is this a lifetime code?

Thank you,
Whiteice

Some of what I would like to see with IM+ are the following:

1: Push notifications. This was a HUGE reason why I got this program over the other IM programs back on the Blackberry. I work in a large hospital, so my signal gets cut out from time to time. So having the ability of push to my email to stay in communication with my contacts is important. This feature seemed to work amazingly on the BB. I haven't been able to find a program since that compared to the BB version.

2: Re-connecting. I still have yet to find a decent IM program that is better then average in re-establishing connection when it is lost. Kind of similar in nature to my #1, it is important for me to stay in communication with my contacts.

3: Easy on the battery. I would like to the program to be battery smart. Meaning, when it is connected, it doesn't drain the battery. Another reason why I liked this program on the BB. As soon as I signed in on my BB, I automatically chose to have IM+ run in push mode. Less battery drain, and easier to stay in communication via the email push.

Those 3 things I mentioned above kind of go hand in hand with one another, but they are important to me and are things I would like to see with IM+ to make me convert to it on the Android phone.

Thank you,
Whiteice

*EDIT* Maybe not right away, but sometime down the road, I would like to see some kind of creative widget for IM+. I will have to think of things I would like the widget to be capable of, but I have yet to see any good IM program with a widget that caught my attention. Being on the Android, widgets are a big thing for us.

Push and widgets are added to our To-do list for the next version. Connection stability and battery consumption will also be improved.

Back
Top Bottom