• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

In praise of a small screen phone

Jerry-rigged

Android Enthusiast
A few weeks ago, I drowned my GNex (for the second time). I've been running this phone for about a year and a half, and decided instead of paying to replace it, I would just re-activate my old Motorola Droid (OG).

About three days in, as I was leaving work, per my habit, I put the phone on my car charger, and glanced at the battery meter - wholly cow, 80%?!? my Gnex us normally about about 10-20% at the end of my work day... Then a few days ago, I forget to charge it overnight, bedtime on day 2, still had 20% battery... I am digging this, and had forgotten how much adjusting I had to do for battery life when I got my GNex. Granted, some of my favorite games won't play on the older OG, but still...

So is making me think of getting a small screen phone instead of the GS4 or Note 3 I have been wanting... So, talk to me Goose - what is the low down on the Razr M? Good battery life, like 2 days with moderate usage? Enough CPU power and ram for modern games (Kingdom Conquest II is my current battery burner)? How is the bloatware, will I need to root it? (My OG was rooted, ROM'ed, Over clocked, and under-volted, but I never felt the need with the GNex)

I realize I am among Razr M fans here, but what are the downsides to this phone?

Back
Top Bottom