• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Incoming Call Screen

nstg8r

Android Enthusiast
Nov 28, 2010
NY
Normally, I get the screen where I drag up to answer, down-left to ignore and down-right to ignore with text. Today for the 1st time, I got a more generic screen with just answer and end call buttons on the bottom. I tried calling myself from my home phone, and got it to show up maybe 1 out of 20 tries. I use Go Contacts as my dialer, but it doesn't have any themes for incoming calls, so it wasn't that. I would actually prefer the generic screen. Any ideas?

If nothing else is causing issues with the incoming call screen, then the suspect has to be the dialer app which may have interfered with the Android calling function.

Plus I do not like having additional 3rd party apps having access to my vital phone functions and data - like contacts, etc.

There is no "issue", the phone answers calls just fine. It's the different incoming call screen that I got (and haven't seen since) that I would like to set as the default. The dialer app (Go Contacts) doesn't have an incoming call screen, so when the phone rings, it's the system dialer app that always pops up. Also, Go Contacts is 100X better than the stock Contacts app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones