• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Incompatible Apps

Lpen21

Has anyone messed around with editing build.prop or using third party apps like Market Helper to change the designation of the device and allow incompatible apps to run on our V. If so is this safe? Worth doing?

Please explain in a little more detail.
It's not so much the device, unless the app is designed for a ARM7 processor and above (the V has an ARM6 processor), as the ROM your running. Most newer apps are going to be designed for Jellybean and Kit Kat.

Please explain in a little more detail.
It's not so much the device, unless the app is designed for a ARM7 processor and above (the V has an ARM6 processor), as the ROM your running. Most newer apps are going to be designed for Jellybean and Kit Kat.

Ok, My question is for the apps that are as you point out designed for operating systems like JB and Kit Kat can I fool google play into thinking that my device is a galaxy s3, therefore allowing me to download it? There appears to be an app called Market Helper(not in google play) which claims to allow one to change what google sees.

Good info in the link. Will have to examine more thoroughly a little latter today.

Thanks for the link ... haven't been on the forums for a while, been really busy with work, (i drive a plow truck and been working 15 hour shifts) . Everybody is running out of road salt so we have just been plowing over and over, plus the three rivers in Pittsburgh are frozen, the salt barges can't get up river to deliver salt. This can get BAD.

@Andy..... glad to see you back my friend, that sounded like some pretty scary sh**. Think positive, i hope by now your pain is in the past :)

I can relate to the crappy weather, im in Michigan and it was a balmy -15 this am. Just dug out of a major storm ourselves but you guys usually get dumped with a lot more snow than we do. Stay safe out there. Andy, what was going on with you? Assuming health related?

I like what I see in the link. It should work. Give it a try and let us know how it works.It should be way quicker than editing the build.prop, plus you wouldn't have to go back and change the build.prop back so you could still download apps for the V.

I'm still not out of the woods just yet.
I have been diagnosed with a rare genetic disorder that causes my immune system to think that my liver is a foreign organism. It is trying to kill it.
The problem right now is that it took so long for them to figure out what was causing the problem that it became so advanced that my liver no longer filters out excess Iron and ammino acids (to much Iron will slowly destroy the other organs, to much ammino acids in the blood causes the brains synapses to not function properly), and it no longer allows protein into the blood which has caused my bone marrow to no longer function properly ( white and red blood cell production has been drastically reduced)
All they could do is give me steroids to get the inflammation down and hope that it will restore some of the functions of the liver.
If it doesn't work, or is just temporary, my liver will be destroyed.
No doctor in their right mind would transplant a liver into me, even if I had insurrance.

This is in no way scary to me. I am a minister of the word of God. I have ever confidence in his word. I love God with my whole heart, and soul, and strength. I love my fellow man as myself. I believe in the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, and I'm doing Gods will.
What's the worst that could happen, I wake up in a paradise?

Glad to hear they identifid the problem and are treating you. I will keep you in my prayers. Also thanks a bunch for all your work in these forums, I almost got rid of my little V after 2 years thinking it was done for but these forums and in particular your expert advice has breathed new life into this little powerhouse of a phone.

Okay so I downloaded this market helper application Installed it and change the designation of my phone to a galaxy s3. at this point you're supposed to sign into the Google Dashboard. I followed all that and went back to market. couldn't tell if anything changed. will have to research what apps i can download on my laptop. Then see if I can load it into the Optimus V. I was thinking of trying and camera app design for Android 4.0. I'll keep you guys posted

Very sorry to here of your problems Andy, the lord says ask and you shall receive . Therefore my wife and i are adding you to our "ask for list "for your recovery.

We will also continue to include you on our "pray for list ".

May GOD be with you my friend.

Back
Top Bottom