• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Incredible Back Ordered

D_Rock

I decided to go from the Eris to the Incredible after playing with one in the Verizon store. They said it was back ordered to check with Best Buy, the ones near my house were all sold out. The closest I found was 3 hours away, they have 5 left. I have to buy the phone out right and noticed it has a 599 price tag opposed to 529 at verizon. Has anyone heard of when they are going to start shipping them or should I just drive the three hours to get it?

It's your call. I'd drive since it's into the middle of next month when they will ship at this time. It might be pushed back even further the if the screens that HTC needs from Samsung are still back-ordered...

BTW, search is your friend. There are a number of threads like this with bunch of different information about the backorder status of the DI.

Have you tried all VZW and bestbuys? 3 hours seems a pretty good distance. Sometimes the smaller authorized dealers that carry multiple carriers do not get as much foot traffic. You might get lucky looking on yellowpages.com under verizon dealers in your area.

You'll still get the $100 mail in rebate no matter where you buy it. If it were me i'd make the drive, but then again i couldn't imagine being without my incredible.

I would call them though if you are going to drive there and have them hold one for you. They won't hold it past closing, but tell them you are driving 3 hours and i'm sure they'll put one on hold for you. Just don't make the drive without having one held.

Back
Top Bottom