• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Incredible owners bash EVO

I hadn't planned on getting insurance, but this makes me wonder if that's the right way to go. I've definitely dropped my iPhone at least a couple times. Apple had a good warranty though. No such thing for the EVO without paying close to $10 extra a month? It's already hard to stomach the 1st $10 fee

Upvote 0
1950s-pay-phone.jpg

STOP BEING TOO BIG TO BE A PHONE!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
The AMOLED on the Incredible is awesome. The Evo's screen is very beautiful too, so long as you only look at it directly on. It has the most sensitive screen I've ever seen, as far as viewing angle. My Hero can be viewed clearly almost completely sideways. Not the case for the Evo...

Upvote 0
The AMOLED on the Incredible is awesome. The Evo's screen is very beautiful too, so long as you only look at it directly on. It has the most sensitive screen I've ever seen, as far as viewing angle. My Hero can be viewed clearly almost completely sideways. Not the case for the Evo...

yeah i read that on your report before. thats really dis-concerning to hear. i just hope that was just a lemon

Upvote 0
People really should give Sprint (or any network) a fair shake before they just make random comments.

It may not be good in every area, but Sprint is fantastic for me.

Ive had Sprint for almost 11 years now....never had a problem with Coverage.....and have only had to deal with CS maybe once a year if that.

So with the cheaper prices, it made no sense for me to ever switch, I dont think Ive ever even thought of it.

Most of my friends have Verizon, for the coverage, which is kinda dumb in my area since Sprint has great coverage.....the others have AT&T specifically just for the iPhone.

But it is all by what people choose to use as their carrier.

Upvote 0
Ive had Sprint for almost 11 years now....never had a problem with Coverage.....and have only had to deal with CS maybe once a year if that.

So with the cheaper prices, it made no sense for me to ever switch, I dont think Ive ever even thought of it.

Most of my friends have Verizon, for the coverage, which is kinda dumb in my area since Sprint has great coverage.....the others have AT&T specifically just for the iPhone.

But it is all by what people choose to use as their carrier.

My exact stance, I have had sprint since 04 and I dont have any complaints and the price is too nice to switch. That thread in the incredible forum is almost sad many posts are full of bashing and just being defensive. To be fair the topic and thread should have been locked.

Upvote 0
Listen, the Evo is a great device, note that I did not call it a phone. It's not really a phone IMO. The unit is too big to be a phone and falls under the mini tablet category.

Further more if you buy a case for the evo there is now way it will fit in your pocket and you will need a mini laptop bag to carry it around. This is why I giggle when people are so excited about the 4.3" screen which is not even AMOLED by the way. The device is simply too big to pocket.

you can say that again,

* humorous post, because he posted twice, essentially saying it again ....is it June 4th yet?

Upvote 0
My biggest issue with Sprint is getting sold hook line and sinker on a shitty Instinct :D

Once I get a good phone I'll be happy :D

What's funny is I got the HTC Touch before the Instinct, so I couldnt do the upgrade to the Instinct.....guess I saved myself that misery lol.

Sprint should never had tried to bill that phone as the "iPhone Killer".

Hopefully, the EVO can speak for itself....and be something more than just the "iPhone Killer".

Upvote 0
I hadn't planned on getting insurance, but this makes me wonder if that's the right way to go. I've definitely dropped my iPhone at least a couple times. Apple had a good warranty though. No such thing for the EVO without paying close to $10 extra a month? It's already hard to stomach the 1st $10 fee

I feel you..
but there is a workaround...
with sprint you can upgrade every yr.

Try to not messup your phone for 1 yr. then save that phone. upgrade to new phone.
Now you have a backup phone.. if you need it. till your next upgrade.

Upvote 0
I'm coming over from ATT to give Sprint a chance. I'm even going to pick up a few shares since it's below $5.

Most of the Sprint-bashing I've heard had to do more with customer service than coverage, and even the bashers always said it was a fair value. I also want Wimax now, not LTE or something else later. When later comes, I'll get a phone optimized for that then.

I don't care if Evo's an iPhone killer. In fact, I think nothing ever will be an i-Killer because iPhone's a decent product that's built a reputation and following. Why kill it or crave something so much better when I just see it as different. I don't want an iPhone almost exclusively because of it's tie to ATT b/c ATT has been slow to make sure it's network stays in line with consumer demand and ATT charges premium pricing for average service.

I was seriously considering WPS, but it's just going to be too late to market and with some of the close-system limitations common to iPhone. It may be a great platform, but I don't care now because I'm tired of waiting. Sprint may have great WPS phones late this year and going forward, but I hope they don't align too much with it because I strongly believe MSFT isn't ever going to regain the ground it's lost in the mobile environment.

Go Sprint!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones