• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Incredible Texting Quick Send?

iowabowtech

root@android:/ #
May 2, 2010
Iowa|USA
On the horizontal keyboard, what's the quickest way to send a text? Only way I've figured out is to hit menu key, then send. No big deal if that's the fastest way, just checking. There's so many shortcuts to be learned on this thing it's unbelievable. Really enjoying it so far though, quite a change from my Blackberry Curve.

Hmmm, my default was the old style where #2 is "abc" etc. It didn't affect my current keyboard. Once I loaded it, I enabled the program in Settings> Language and Keyboard, and then once starting a message, I clicked in the "enter text" field and selected Handcent as the program...just like when using Swype.

Anyway, mine's not a full keyboard and I dont' see how to change it. I dl'd it from the apps market? :thinking:

Upvote 0
Hmmm, my default was the old style where #2 is "abc" etc. It didn't affect my current keyboard. Once I loaded it, I enabled the program in Settings> Language and Keyboard, and then once starting a message, I clicked in the "enter text" field and selected Handcent as the program...just like when using Swype.

Anyway, mine's not a full keyboard and I dont' see how to change it. I dl'd it from the apps market? :thinking:

when you start a message long press the text box and switch back to the HTC keyboard

Upvote 0
Can anyone help me. I have the Incredible and I use the app Handcent. When I receive a long text it breaks the message up into several pieces and right in the middle of a word. Is there anyway to fix it so it all comes in one piece? Makes it hard to forward.
Thanks Tom

I want a fix for this as well. I know it is Verizon's fault but.....can it be fixed with an app or something. I hate Verizon's txt character limit on text messages......

Upvote 0
Can anyone help me. I have the Incredible and I use the app Handcent. When I receive a long text it breaks the message up into several pieces and right in the middle of a word. Is there anyway to fix it so it all comes in one piece? Makes it hard to forward.
Thanks Tom

That depends on which service provider sent the original text. If it someone other than verizon its only going to allow 160 characters at a time. If its verizon to verizon then it should convert it automatically to a mms

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones