• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Incredikernel not so incredible?

dahmwern

Newbie
I just tried flashing incredikernel 2.6.38.8-incredikernel-gb-07062011 and I'm having some troubles.

I have a very recent CM7 nightly build, and I saw that incredikernel was recommended with CM7. My device is an HTC Evo 4G on Sprint.

I loaded up the kernel zip file onto my SD, wiped cache and Dalvik cache both after making a nandroid backup and proceeded to flash the kernel zip file. The problem is when I rebooted, the HTC EVO 4G white boot screen is displaying itself, and has been for about 5-10 minutes now. Usually it only shows this screen for a handful of seconds before I get the CM7 splash.

Anything I did wrong? Should I wait longer? Is this a normal boot time for a new kernel?

Suggestions please.
 
I just tried flashing incredikernel 2.6.38.8-incredikernel-gb-07062011 and I'm having some troubles.

I have a very recent CM7 nightly build, and I saw that incredikernel was recommended with CM7. My device is an HTC Evo 4G on Sprint.

I loaded up the kernel zip file onto my SD, wiped cache and Dalvik cache both after making a nandroid backup and proceeded to flash the kernel zip file. The problem is when I rebooted, the HTC EVO 4G white boot screen is displaying itself, and has been for about 5-10 minutes now. Usually it only shows this screen for a handful of seconds before I get the CM7 splash.

Anything I did wrong? Should I wait longer? Is this a normal boot time for a new kernel?

Suggestions please.


It looks like that is a kernel for the Droid Incredible, not the Evo. Go back and load your nandroid, then choose an AOSP kernel from the ROMs and Kernels sticky on this forum that are made for the Evo 4G.
 
Is a battery pull okay?

Battery pull seemed fine. I got back into recovery and nabbed my nandroid backup. Seems to be doing its thing now. I'll edit if there are any problems.

Thanks and sorry for the derpy mistake.
 
Is a battery pull okay?

Battery pull seemed fine. I got back into recovery and nabbed my nandroid backup. Seems to be doing its thing now. I'll edit if there are any problems.

Thanks and sorry for the derpy mistake.

No worries at all, glad everything worked out ok!
 
Back
Top Bottom