• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Infused 2.0 and is it worth it?

Ryanscool

Android Enthusiast
Hello i heared that the infused rom 2.0 is finally the full version and i am wondering how to install that rom. Is it even woth it or should i just stay stock? Can i revert back to the stock rom easily?

Hello i heared that the infused rom 2.0 is finally the full version and i am wondering how to install that rom. Is it even woth it or should i just stay stock? Can i revert back to the stock rom easily?

well worth it (until we get an official release)

current version is 2.0.2 but he may have the links pulled, a few people were complaining of slow data speeds.

It completely transformed my infuse into something I could use...I was on the verge of trading it in for an inspire

Thanks i hate how Touchwiz is very laggy when at a high RAM state, but im now debating on waiting for the official release of 2.3 for the Infuse. They may fix most of the lag problems then. The Infuse is supposed to be released in Canada with 2.3 so it may come out any day now. I also have clockworkmod installed, making it a pain to get ota updates, I am torn between to do it or not. I should maybe mention this is my first android phone and have not even thought of trying different roms.

Thanks i hate how Touchwiz is very laggy when at a high RAM state, but im now debating on waiting for the official release of 2.3 for the Infuse. They may fix most of the lag problems then. The Infuse is supposed to be released in Canada with 2.3 so it may come out any day now. I also have clockworkmod installed, making it a pain to get ota updates, I am torn between to do it or not. I should maybe mention this is my first android phone and have not even thought of trying different roms.

I keep seeing rumors that the official update is coming out any day now...keep in mind that you are rooted

I would not take/do an official update when it is made available...it can create issues.

Wait until the devs root it etc and then flash through rom manager or clockwork.

As for flashing roms...go for it! You can always undo it!

but you will have to wait...the links for the gb 2.02 have been taken down for the moment

Thank you i was always worrying about getting ota updates the way you make it sound it sounds so much better to just flash a rooted version. I am just going to wait until they make the final version i heared there has been some problems with the 2.0 rom right now. Wouldn't having gingerbread on the rom also make it videocalling and netflix compatible?

Thank you i was always worrying about getting ota updates the way you make it sound it sounds so much better to just flash a rooted version. I am just going to wait until they make the final version i heared there has been some problems with the 2.0 rom right now. Wouldn't having gingerbread on the rom also make it videocalling and netflix compatible?

pretty sure you can do both now...but I use neither

Oh, ok i thought you had to have 2.3 to do video calling and netflix. Qik is the only one thay actually has videocalling for froyo users (i believe). Ill try netflix and i will see if it works.

Ok so i figured out it is impossible to download the real netflix app to the infuse on 2.2 stock rom. Anyway, can someone post where to get the latest infused rom because i have no idea where to get it, because some forums say they have the final version, others say the highest is beta two, and then even others say there is no beta 2 at the moment. Any help will really help.

Oh wow i just figured out to anyone who does not already know this just wait for it to pop into rom manager when it does because it has been taken off.

Oh wow i just figured out to anyone who does not already know this just wait for it to pop into rom manager when it does because it has been taken off.

head over to the XDA developers infuse4g forum. you will like what you see there.

or you will be overwhelmed... which i happen to like.

Haha i did before you posted that i am still going to wait though to make sure it is proven "stable". I also need the 4g speeds to actually be guarunteed haha.

I rooted this phone the day I bought it, and flashed Infused 2.04. It's awesome. Up to 2.10 now and the phone flies, along with the Infusion 1.1 kernel it's very fast and stable. OC'd to 1400.
I came from the Captivate which was also never stock! This is the way to go!

Agreed... I have it now and it is amazing. By the way is there a way to clear cache for the kernals? I just flashedninfusion 1.1 and all of a sudden my device is extremely slow.

Ok so i half figured it out. To fix the lag i have to go to set cpu after rebooting then totally screw up the settings higher then before then restart the app and set it normally. This mostly fixes it so i can underclock to 1ghz no problem. It also when i enter set cpu always goes to 1.6ghz when it starts then goes to normal settings. Do they all do this?

Ok well i flashed back to infusion 1.0 and the lag is fixed. Thanks anyway.

sorry I have been all over the place lol

running my business, planning a wedding, covering leaks about the samsung attain, picked up an lg thrill, catering man..you name it, I am trying to do it lol

feel free to pm me anytime you need anything or you can email me too...

nachomommi gmail.com

I had some of the issues you had, switched back to 1.0 and didn't have them anymore. Bedwa is making some changes and will most likely release 1.2 soon

Back
Top Bottom