• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Interesting Best Buy Preorder Story

Been thinking bout trying to get the Droid X. I've been making $600-$800 truck payments for past year so maybe that might of helped.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Heck yea that probably helped. If you made all those payments on time, and you don't have any accounts in collections, I'd say you will most likely not have to pay a deposit. Hopefully.

Upvote 0
My credit is shitty, 19 months ago When I got my 2 iphones, (one for me and my wife) ATT charged me $100 per line..

FF to 2 weeks ago, I called verizon to get everything ready to switch, I told the sales person that I want my credit ran, I want to talk plans, etc,, and I just want to pull the trigger when the phone hits..

approved for 2 lines no deposit.. the only thing i could think of that helped my credit would be my car loan that I have been paying now for 1 year without any issues in payment history.....

Upvote 0
My credit is shitty, 19 months ago When I got my 2 iphones, (one for me and my wife) ATT charged me $100 per line..

FF to 2 weeks ago, I called verizon to get everything ready to switch, I told the sales person that I want my credit ran, I want to talk plans, etc,, and I just want to pull the trigger when the phone hits..

approved for 2 lines no deposit.. the only thing i could think of that helped my credit would be my car loan that I have been paying now for 1 year without any issues in payment history.....

Good job, the car loan did it. Vehicle loans are great at boosting your credit, the only downside is that you have to pay so much in interest over the life of the loan. The trick there is to pay more than the minimum each month so it will pay down your principal faster...

Upvote 0
That's true, the guys at Best Buy believed that's why the preorders are low. Most of the Android heads just bought the Incredible lol. I would rather renew for a 1 year contract, but my NE2 discount is $100. When a 2Ghz processor + LTE phone comes out, I may have to sell my Droid X on ebay/craigslist and buy the new phone at cost...
I've been hearing that the EVO sucks down battery when running with 4G on. Hopefully LTE will be better. Although 3G loads fast enough for me. Youtube HQ seems to load fine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones