• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Internal memory almost full but all apps on sd

I'm struggling with space on my HTC desire (low on space symbol showing) although i've moved all but one apps on to the sd card. Any ideas how I can see what's taking up all the room and how to get more internal memory space please?

Quick answer:

1) Moving apps to SD card doesn't move everything. Some part of the apps still needs to stay in internal memory.

2) Go to Settings > Applications, and for each app it will show you how much space it is using (this is how much internal space it is using).

If you want to figure out options, other than clearing data or deleting apps, check out the threads linked above.

Reactions: griffster
Upvote 0
Having read through all these threads, I've finally got round to rooting my phone. I've also downloaded titanium backup and backed up all apps & system data on to my sd card. Bit confused on the next steps though.

1. I've seen someone mention mybackup as well. Should I use this as well? Does it do anything that my titanium backup didn't?

2. Once I've established this, do I then copy all the data off the sd on to my home pc before going on to flashing a new Rom?

3. Should I do a nandroid backup before I flash a new Rom?

4. Is there somewhere I can get a list of the best Roms and where to get them from?

5. Once I've flashed a new Rom on to my phone I assume ay this stage I restore from my titanium backed up files , correct?

6. I've read somewhere that HTC are releasing gingerbread. Have I got it right that this is the new version of Android?

7. I'm on an O2 contract. Before I start with trying new Roms is it worth me waiting for O2 to make gingerbread available to fix my internal memory issue?

Upvote 0
There are many threads about this. Il answer as best i can for you Although that question should be in the All things Root Forum.

1, MAKE A GOLD CARD!

2, Titainium backup all apps.

3,Back up to the computer. ( can leave this out, but its really handy to have a back up, and even more so if you need to make an ex3 partition. ( Your card will be formatted )

4, Nandroid backup. Just incase.

5,Desire Index - Everything Desire is here! [UPDATED: 12/7] - xda-developers
Thats the Desire ROM List

6,yes

7, yes

8, read all the FAQ's, understand them.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones