• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Internal SD card problem - Wayteq xtab-80

pansy0

Lurker
Aug 20, 2012
Device: Wayteq X-TAB 80

My problem is I can't access the SD Card. The tablet is not rooted, and is quite new (2 weeks old.) So far everything worked fine, I could access the SD card from the tablet (I could download files to it, and open files from it, saw the file/folder roots) and I could access it from my desk PC through USB.

Yesterday I wanted to open a file from the SD Card, and realized that the tablet can't acces it anymore, nor can I by connecting it to my desk PC. I checked the settings, and in Storage the SD Card doesn't show up, and when I try to Mount it, it doesn't do anything.

I'm not a tech expert and this is my first tablet, so I have no idea what the problem might be. Any idea for possible solutions?

If I bought an external SD Card, would it recognize it, and could I use it in place of the internal SD Card?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones