• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] help endless boot loop

I am restoring it with earlier state when i didn't formatted data then i will format/system as you said

as i did this I saw something new. it asked for root and options no yes no no (as in that menu). i selected yes

Ohh. GOD... its not even going to boot loop. stops at first screen Samsung GALAXY SII GT-I9100.
GOD this is making me crazy..
I have used many ROMS and so FAR omega built on stock was way better than any other thats why am working so hard to fix it.. bro..

Flash the stock rom like last time and try flashing omega again. Maybe it went bad because you wiped format/cache, format/data, format/preload, format/emmc instead of just system?

okay. I will flash stock rom with odin.
do i have to make it root before again flashing omega?
and is that possible that omega rom zip file can be damaged or something? (i used it before for long time)
and yes after flashing stock and before flashing omega is it necessary to click on usb debug in setting or something?

I don't know because I always root then use nandroid manager to flash a custom recovery. As for the settings probably if you're going to use odin to get CWM.

The instructions on the xda page just say install. Don't wipe anything before flashing the rom and after it flashes wipe what it say to when it gives you the message.

okay. so after stock rom. I will flash cwm with odin. then directly install omega then it prompt for wipe cache partition then i will do only that

I guess I have to wipe cache and user data before flashing right? i never read anywhere that not to wipe anything before flashing any custom rom

In the instructions video the guy wiped data/factory reset then Wipe cache partition and then dalvik and then flashed the rom. He was also rooted and on a stock Jb 4.3 rom.

Oh I thought you had the S3 because the OP was asking about the S3. I just saw your post doesn't help that's it's 4 AM for me :/

I flashed omega rom. I only selected 3 options before flashing as you said, wipe data, wipe cache and davik cache. and after flashing it notified in red that to wipe partition cache. so i did it now its booting

well steps you told me are also similar no difference and so far so helping.
is there any other place where i can find my solution if you are unable to give any? :)

In the video description it says if it won't boot go back to recovery mode then Wipe data/factory reset and cache partition again then reboot.

The guy in the video even had the same problem as you and wipe data/ factory reset and wipe cache worked for him.

Back
Top Bottom