• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] I think I soft bricked...

Rotormaster

Member
Hey guys. I have an LG G2 D802 running TWRP. I had restored a backup I had of the original LG ROM, and tried installing the OTA official update. It downloaded fine, and when I elected to restart and install the update, the phone booted into TWRP. I then wiped, and tried to restore the same backup... It restored successfully, but when I pressed reboot system it just rebooted back into TWRP.

I have a couple of backups, as well as numerous different ROMs. They all restore/flash succssesfully, but after rebooting system it keeps booting back into TWRP. It doesn't even begin the boot up animation, just goes straight back to TWRP.

Anything I can do?
 
I would expect that the official update would require the official recovery as well as the official ROM before it could work, since it will use the recovery to install the update.

This will be fixable, but better handled by someone familiar with the device. I'll ask someone to move this to the device forum.
 
Back
Top Bottom