• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] stuck in safe mode.

So, recently water damage has broken the volume down button my HTC One. While this may not seem like a huge problem (I have headphones with in-line volume) this is sort of necessary if one wants to force restart the phone seeing has how on my phone you have to hold the volume down and power buttons to work, and the headphones don't register in this situation.
Anyways earlier today for some reason no audio was coming out of my phones speakers, almost as if the phone thought it had headphones plugged in when they weren't. I tried restarting my phone by holding down just the power button until it booted into bootloader. From there i held the power button and volume UP until the phone booted back into the OS. Then it just, without my doing. booted into safe mode. But now it's just stuck on safe mode. I can't undo this. Restarting doesn't work. Standard procedure does not work. Off then on doesn't work. Rebooting just the shell doesn't work. Factory reset did nothing done I'm at a loss.
This problem is similar to a thread I found on AndroidForums: Herehttp://androidforums.com/international-one-all-things-root/779352-htc-one-stuck-in-safe-mode.html
That guy gave it into HTC repair and my friend is telling me to take it to a local shop.
My question is if this is
a) A hardware or software problem
and
b)Can I fix this my self or is my phone bricked for life or is a repair necessary
The phone is not stock, it is rooted with the ViperOne[3] custom OS and a couple Xposed Modules

Back
Top Bottom