• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Iphone4 to Droid inc?

SysAdmNj

Android Enthusiast
Jun 3, 2010
North NJ
I've been all over the place. Blackberrys,2 Arias,droidx,blackberry torch, blackberry 9700,iphone 4.

Iphone 4 is very pretty and well built but I feel so locked down. Has anyone gone from iphone 4 to Droid inc?

I thought the Droid x was just too big. Droid 2,I dont need the keyboard and both these mentioned devices have a locked bootloader to boot no pun intended or something.

I enjoyed the android os while using the Aria, but it was so delicate and I broke 2. HTC sense is definitely better than moto blur to me. So this is why I'm thinking of going to the Droid inc. I can get a good deal on a new one. Not sure how the new screens are.

Suggestions? I definitely want to root and custom rom. I miss that about the aria.

Sounds like the incredible is right for you. Very similar to the iphone4 in size except you can make it however you want instead of just the way steve jobs wants.

Basically this is it. The iPhone is good in its own way, but Android is a different animal and it really allows for more customizing. If you want to run your OS then Android is your answer, but if you want to have your OS run FOR you then iPhone is your answer.

Upvote 0
The only thing you may dislike is battery life. (refer to the 1000000 post about it in this forum) but hey, unlike apple, you can pull the cover off and change it to something a little bigger. I would recommend the Seidio 1750 or the 2500 that Verizon has to offer right off the bat no questions asked. Especially since you will have "new phone syndrome" for the first couple weeks. The battery drain will be crazy as you fine tune your phone and get it set up the way you want it.

Upvote 0
The only thing you may dislike is battery life. (refer to the 1000000 post about it in this forum) but hey, unlike apple, you can pull the cover off and change it to something a little bigger. I would recommend the Seidio 1750 or the 2500 that Verizon has to offer right off the bat no questions asked. Especially since you will have "new phone syndrome" for the first couple weeks. The battery drain will be crazy as you fine tune your phone and get it set up the way you want it.

I have the Seidio 1750, I rooted the phone, installed SetCPU, turned down screen brightness, 30 seconds screen time out, unchecked data connection always connected and I get excellent battery life now. I also have the stock 1300 battery as a back up just in case I kill the 1750 and there is no charging port in sight.

Upvote 0
there are a TON of factors that play in to battery life.
I have the 2150mhz battery, and am rooted with Virtuous 3.0.1 with the custom kernel from him as well, v2.. brightness turned down, bunch of bloatware removed... i had over 43 hrs on the battery before i had to charge it with moderate/slightly heavy use.

Upvote 0
there are a TON of factors that play in to battery life.
I have the 2150mhz battery, and am rooted with Virtuous 3.0.1 with the custom kernel from him as well, v2.. brightness turned down, bunch of bloatware removed... i had over 43 hrs on the battery before i had to charge it with moderate/slightly heavy use.

Your battery cycles 2.15 times a second? Why?

Upvote 0
iPhones are for users who just want a phone that works, and doesn't want to have any choices in how.

Androids are for power users who want more control and customization.

When friends/family ask which phone they should get, if they are a power user or technically inclined I say get Android. If they're just basic users with no cares about anything other than their phone looking pretty and working, I steer them toward the iPhones. In both cases I still bash the hell out of AT&T simply because I've been an iPhone user (3G) and the network kills the entire experience for me.

Upvote 0
i had over 43 hrs on the battery before i had to charge it with moderate/slightly heavy use.

WTF? lol

Congrats on that but I wend with the Droid X, and I hope I can get the Dx to last that long. I played with the dinc and then the X at the store, and I dont know. The Dinc screen looked small for some reason. Also last time I tried the Dx I couldnt leave AT&T and returned it, I figure I give it a second chance. Ehh whatever I'm on Verizon now :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones