• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Is 2 megabits possible on vm?

Just curious if anyone got that high of speed before..or what's the hugest you've seen/achieved ?

HAHAHAHAHHAHA. The highest I have ever seen is like 500kbps... I don't think its possible to achieve 2 mbps even if you use a sprint phone on their 3g.

HAHAHAHAHHAHA. The highest I have ever seen is like 500kbps... I don't think its possible to achieve 2 mbps even if you use a sprint phone on their 3g.

Don't you laugh at me Dx I was just curious lol I was hitting 50kb/sec torrenting something to test it :p

Where are you again Ziggy?

The only place I ever get full bars is my work, and with that the highest I've recorded with speed test is 1.2

Then again I haven't really tried to maximize it. At home I get 2 bars and the most I can pull out is 500kb.

Don't you laugh at me Dx I was just curious lol I was hitting 50kb/sec torrenting something to test it :p

Where are you again Ziggy?

Chambersburg, Pennsylvania

My data speeds used to be super slow. But now there really fast! And they do have there moments where they slow down to like 300kbps.

Highest I've ever gotten was 3.1mb/s at like 2am. Never got that high again I usually see a high point of 2.2mb/s at night. During the day I see about 300kb/s to 700kb/s. I still prefer my wifi though I get 26mb/s all day and night

I'm also in PA about 2hours east of Ziggy

Highest I've ever gotten was 3.1mb/s at like 2am. Never got that high again I usually see a high point of 2.2mb/s at night. During the day I see about 300kb/s to 700kb/s. I still prefer my wifi though I get 26mb/s all day and night

I'm also in PA about 2hours east of Ziggy

Yea I notice that at night too! Lol its weird :p.

Wouldn't that be something if we ran into each other lmao!

Just curious if anyone got that high of speed before..or what's the hugest you've seen/achieved ?

I'd say mine is around 1500kbps when I'm at school. At home I get about 500-700kbps. The tower for my house and my school are the same, but my school is located less than 1500 ft from the tower, and my house is about a mile away.

Every time I do a speed test I get between 1kB/s and 100kB/s. I'm in Iowa City, Iowa. It makes me wonder if virgin is worth it. I do feel like the speed test is inaccurate, though. i did one earlier, got 31.1 kB/s down and 84.3 kB/s up, but this was after I was streaming a few high quality Youtube videos without any buffering, which I don't really think is very doable with a down speed that slow.

Every time I do a speed test I get between 1kB/s and 100kB/s. I'm in Iowa City, Iowa. It makes me wonder if virgin is worth it. I do feel like the speed test is inaccurate, though. i did one earlier, got 31.1 kB/s down and 84.3 kB/s up, but this was after I was streaming a few high quality Youtube videos without any buffering, which I don't really think is very doable with a down speed that slow.

Yea... That doesn't seem right. I could hardly view webpages with my speeds like that let alone watch HQ videos.

The VM "3g" speeds are completely worthless where I am. I have a company paid 4G Mifi though so whenever I'm not on my work/home Wifi and need speed data, I just use that. If I didn't have that, I probably wouldn't bother with VM.

Chambersburg, Pennsylvania

My data speeds used to be super slow. But now there really fast! And they do have there moments where they slow down to like 300kbps.

Good to hear! I might be moving to monessen in April :D full bars with vm everywhere ^_^

29wl4za.jpg

No problems here in Omaha, NE.

I once got 3.6 in Vegas, and would get 2.6, 2.4, 2.8 pretty constantly in the Monte Carlo hotel. This was a couple weeks before the triumph. VM's service in Vegas was AMAZING. Top notch. Next time I go ill be sure to load.up froyo and take my HDMI and beat the hotel by getting me some Netflix :)

i was in middle cali, like santa barbara area, and got regular speeds of 2 to 3 megabits.

it was awesome.

back in la its not much lower but definately not 3mb. my landline dsl doesnt even get that quick..... -__-

I rarely get anything over 1Mb.. typically my speeds are extremely slow; usually around 300kBps or less. Speeds seem to be the same when I travel across the state.. in Dallas, Austin, and Amarillo.

Like others, I have noticed occasional spikes in speed in the middle of the night.

I am only hoping that in March I get capped to the 256kBps speeds.. that would be an improvement for me most of the time LOL :D

I am only hoping that in March I get capped to the 256kBps speeds.. that would be an improvement for me most of the time LOL :D

It would be an improvement for me as well, lol. I've been thinking "how can you throttle me to a speed I've never even achieved off of wifi?"

So I just got 1.5mbits/s in my area here at 12:30am I played some just cause 2 for about 15 minutes....it not that bad at all acctually xD cool :D

I had really slow data speed too, I cleared out all the cache filed, and after doing that this morning I got over 2mbps, that is compared to 200kbps that I got right before I cleared out everything

You lucky bastards :p

I get like 30kb/s in a decent sized city in Florida. Sprint tower visible, and looks like a mile or so away.

Back
Top Bottom