• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is anybody else a little frustrated

splatoid

Android Enthusiast
So Has anybody else been getting tired of installing apps and games that are only for phones that are only three inches tall and two inches wide?
So now that we have tablets is the android market going to make a separate section for tablets. I know these are new but I must have installed fifty things only to have to remove them. And If I'm just not knowing where to look would someone please let me know where they are.

Wow
I don't know why I didn't see that. Blinders on I guess.
Glad I said something.
I had a feeling I may have been missing something.Thanks for pointing the obvious out.

So Has anybody else been getting tired of installing apps and games that are only for phones that are only three inches tall and two inches wide?
So now that we have tablets is the android market going to make a separate section for tablets. I know these are new but I must have installed fifty things only to have to remove them. And If I'm just not knowing where to look would someone please let me know where they are.

Hi,

yup, must agree there aren't many.
I have most of the Tegra 2 games and most of the Gameloft HD games as well.
hope more will be coming out soon.

cheers ;)

Tegra 2 Games:
Fruit Ninja
Samurai II: Vengeance
Galaxy on Fire 2
Backbreaker
Vendetta Online
Monster Madness
Hardwood Solitaire IV

HD Games that work:
Let's Golf
Let's Golf 2
Brothers in Arms
Uno
Asphalt 5
Asphalt 6
NOVA
Hero of Sparta
Real Football 2011
Modern Combat 2
Assassins Creed: Altair's Chronicles

I don't see that section either. I have market place logo in top left with "android apps" next to it. Is this a region issue?

I don't have it there either, i've got...
Top free apps
Editors' choice
Top grossing apps
Top new free apps
Trending apps

That's a completely different market from my one. Still don't have a tablet section in that link though.
Very strange indeed.
I'm in Scotland, in case that makes a difference.

That's a completely different market from my one. Still don't have a tablet section in that link though.
Very strange indeed.
I'm in Scotland, in case that makes a difference.

Ditto.

Will let you know what response I get from support.

Ditto.

Will let you know what response I get from support.

"Thanks for contacting Android Market. When using your tablet, use the Android Market app to access the Market. The app is designed to filter out any apps that won't work on your tablet."

Not sure they understood that I simply don't see the dedicated tablet section!!

When I open my Market, I see the featured tablet section, and currently there are 72 apps which are "featured".

If I do a search of the Market for "tablet", I get a lot more results than 72, and it seems to filter and show tablet optimized apps.

The Featured Link is just what it implies. It features the apps that are most popular amongst users.
It's not meant to show every app available.
When searching for apps on your tablet, search the same way you would from your phone. Any apps that aren't compatible will not show up. The ones that are, will. I've had 2 apps that I had on my phone that won't show up. When I search the market from my phone & from my laptop, they show up. When searching for those 2 apps on my tablet, they do not. It's a good chance that those 2 apps aren't formatted for the tablet yet. All my other apps showed up just fine, and worked just fine with no problems so far.

The Featured Link is just what it implies. It features the apps that are most popular amongst users.
It's not meant to show every app available.
When searching for apps on your tablet, search the same way you would from your phone. Any apps that aren't compatible will not show up. The ones that are, will. I've had 2 apps that I had on my phone that won't show up. When I search the market from my phone & from my laptop, they show up. When searching for those 2 apps on my tablet, they do not. It's a good chance that those 2 apps aren't formatted for the tablet yet. All my other apps showed up just fine, and worked just fine with no problems so far.

No that's incorrect. That market can't determine what apps will work on the tab. I've downloaded loads of apps and games which don't work on my tab. I currently have two games on the front page of the market which I had to uninstall because they wouldn't work.

The market is temperamental. My friend and I both have the samsung galaxy s with the exact same firmware etc, yet he can't get a few games I have, even when I give him the direct download link and.

Yeah I tend to agree I have two games from the market that are 2 inches by 3 inches. That dosnt work for me. LOL
Thank you all for your comments ......

Back
Top Bottom