• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is Custom Alert Profile available?

burn1010

Is there any way to have a "phone calls only" notification profile so I can set it and go to bed without worrying about missing an emergency call while Im asleep?

thanks

I use Quick Profiles and it works well. I have a profile called Night that is set up as you describe. I also have profiles called Normal, Vibe, and Silent which are kind of self explanatory. ;)

How can you get your profile to just use vibrate for all calls and notifications such as emails, messages and gtalk? I've been trying to just set up a quick profile toggle between normal volume and vibrate only for work and other situations such as movies. I can't seem to find a way to do it. All I get is either normal sounds or complete silence with no vibrate functionality. Could use some help on this. Thanks.

I use "Locale". Seems to work very well. It is $9.99 though, but has tons of automation with it.

PhoneWeaver
Just came out for Android. Used it on my WinMo phones for years.
If you want to totally automate your phone: Tasker

Ringleader Pro is a new app I just found that is by far the closest to BB profiles I've seen. The setup is a bit obtuse, but I think that is because of the way the Android OS is designed. Once you do set it up one time, switching between your profiles is easy. It has nice granular control over all your sounds, different patterns for a given notification in a different profile, etc... It has a great widget, and I very much enjoy using it. The developer is very responsive as well.

Bedside - This is what I use. I like it because it will turn on bedside mode (phone calls only) when I plug in my charger at night. It is an app that you have to pay for but the developer is always working on it. Very receptive to issues.

AudioGuru.

It has 4 modes (5 really) of operation.

Home
Work
Sleep.
Normal
(Auto - Time Based)

You can schedule the 4 different modes to come on at various times in 15 minute intervals. in each mode you can set the volume levels for Voice, Media, Ringer, Alerts, System, Alarm. and control the vibe for Ringer and Alerts.

Very nice app. Free as well! Free is limited to one schedule for all days of the week. Pro version allows you to differentiate between weekdays and weekends. I just need it to silence the Fing battery charged alert!

It has a few nice widgets if you like quick access to the various modes and such as well.

the only thing that would make it perfect is a timer based Silent. Since there are times I'd like to silence the phone and not have to remember to turn the sounds back on it would be nice to say run Silent for 1 Hour.

Back