• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Is it a good idea to root my phone just to get better battery life?

Now that you're rooted be sure to update your PRI and PRL (menu/settings/system updates) and learn about SetCPU and install to get a real boost in battery life

I assume you mean profile and PRL, not PRI :). PRI is updated with the radios, and doesn't need to be updated if you're on the latest OTA, already. Also, rather than just updating profile and PRL, consider following the instructions here.

Upvote 0
I assume you mean profile and PRL, not PRI :). PRI is updated with the radios, and doesn't need to be updated if you're on the latest OTA, already. Also, rather than just updating profile and PRL, consider following the instructions here.

just found that thread this morning. Have been following your testing. Will wait a while and follow everyone's progress before pulling the trigger.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones