• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Is It Safe To Root?

You Rock "THEMIB"
So I am sure by now you have guessed that I am pretty new to this.
So I appreciate the links.
Have to admit, I am a bit nervous about jumping into the "rooting" thing.
I am afraid that it will leave my phone open to hacks or access to my private information.
when you root an an app named Superuser is installed that restrict root access to only apps you allow.
So I guess step by step, what do you recommend for rooting.
My Droid X is:
System Version 45.621.10.MB810.Verizon.en.US
Android Verson 2.3.4
Framaroot is the easiest, see the video link in last post or original thread [ROOT] Framaroot, a one-click apk to root some devices - xda-developers but some of the newer versions do not work with droid x
I am wanting to know which ROM is recommended,
Liquid ICS is popular and the latest to be updated.
themes are personal taste, I usually just use what is default with the launcher I'm using like Nova
Other apps that would help.
see my before you wipe data and install a custom rom

I haven't had a chance to go through the links yet that you recommended.
So I am sure that once I do, you probably answered some or most of what I want to know.

Are there security issues I should be worried about?
Other than Framaroot don't use apps unless they are in the play store and are highly rated.
Are there steps I should take in regards to say; checking my bank info on my phone, emails?
lots of security steps can be made, depends on how many steps you are willing take and/or pay for.
Don't leave theses Checked
unknown sources Menu > Settings > Applications > Unknown sources
usb debugging see USB Debugging Mode

Check
encryption in Location & security settings

install a security app like Avast and enable scanner, and anti-theft
Don't use wifi without a VPN app like Avast SecureLine
temp unroot when not using apps that require root

Websites I should stay away from or links?

Again! Much Appreciated!
I am a quick learner, and I am sure that once I get started; I will become a fanatic! ;P

Reactions: Tribalwolf
Upvote 0
Quote:

So I guess step by step, what do you recommend for rooting.
My Droid X is:
System Version 45.621.10.MB810.Verizon.en.US
Android Verson 2.3.4
Framaroot is the easiest, see the video link in last post or original thread but some of the newer versions do not work with droid x

Hi, I'm new the forum. I just rooted last night with the newest framaroot I found. 1.4.1 I'm also using the same versions as the poster above. Just wanted to share. The only thing I have done is rooted and deleted the two pre-installed games. Do I have to still buy an app to freeze or is there a free one now?

Upvote 0
Your correct. I got it installed and backed up. Thanks
Now for backing up my apps and freezing programs. Any good free apps out there?

Will changing my ROM help my RAM? If so any recommendation that a newbie can easily handle? I'm happy with the feel of my droid x, it's just the lack of factory ram that i'm not happy with.

Upvote 0
Hello. I just got a new phone called Honor 5X. And im thinking about rooting too. I looked up if its safe on this phone or whaterver. Well i didnt find any ANSWERS. So. i just found this site. And wanted to ask if it safe. And even. Its REALLY HARD. I just see like 20 Steps to root a Honor 5X.
So if someone could like do a guide for the Honor 5X... And yeah. I wanna boost my phone. Because some games it cant handle. So. Is it safe to root. or how to root ? I seen it could void or somesting. please. HELP ME.
Oh btw. i just wanna to say that im from czech republic if it would be some problems. but i have really good english. so dont worry i can understand. but just help me.

Upvote 0
Hello. I just got a new phone called Honor 5X. And im thinking about rooting too. I looked up if its safe on this phone or whaterver. Well i didnt find any ANSWERS. So. i just found this site. And wanted to ask if it safe. And even. Its REALLY HARD. I just see like 20 Steps to root a Honor 5X.
So if someone could like do a guide for the Honor 5X... And yeah. I wanna boost my phone. Because some games it cant handle. So. Is it safe to root. or how to root ? I seen it could void or somesting. please. HELP ME.
Oh btw. i just wanna to say that im from czech republic if it would be some problems. but i have really good english. so dont worry i can understand. but just help me.
Did you look under the Honor 5x all things root section of this forum. You will get more help there than just asking on a thread that doesn't have anything to do with your device.

Reactions: psionandy
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones